how many of the current squad are good enough

dummiesoot

it may be harsh but none would make the mid 90s team

I was being kind old chap.....Fergie is not bad and I think Boydie will be special when he gets the ideal man up beside him, he is still fairly young and he can only get better......

His goal tally is second to none and thats without having the support he deserves :pipeguy:

Well, given the fact that players like Ian Ferguson and Derek Ferguson were in that team - Barry would walk into it as well.

As for Boyd, well he would up against McCoist, Mojo, Hateley - and he's not a patch on any of those yet.

Prso at his peak without question would be good enough to get into the team.

As for defenders; Weir is required to shift the likes of Butcher, Gough and Munro. In many ways Weir is comparible to Gough - a leader of men.

Fergie and Boydie :pipeguy:

When you think of the strikers we had back then, Boyd wouldnt have got a sniff back then IMO - yeah, standards have fallen on the pitch but we dont have the financial clout we used to

Convinced that over time that will change though and can see a mainly Scottish team within 6 or 7 years

It's a bit unrealistic and also unfair to compare players from our best team ever, to one of our worst sides ever.

We collectively as fans are too quick to assume that the NIAR side set the benchmark that all Rangers teams should match. As much as I would like that to happen, I know that realisticlly it wont and we can't keep saying this side are poorer than the NIAR team to every side we put out for the next decade or so because the achievemnts of the NIAR team were almost freak like and unheard of in modern football. I highly doubt that the achievements they made will be matched by any Rangers side in the near and probably distant future, and that includes Rangers.

Fergie and Boydie :pipeguy:

When you think of the strikers we had back then, Boyd wouldnt have got a sniff back then IMO - yeah, standards have fallen on the pitch but we dont have the financial clout we used to

Convinced that over time that will change though and can see a mainly Scottish team within 6 or 7 years

And how are you today ?

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE...DONT YOU THINK SO ?????? (beer) partay

maybe barry and boyd would have no chance. :pipeguy:

Thats a very valid point about Boydie but can you imagine having someone like him on the bench as back up in the 90s.....it would be very handy indeed back then but today is today and the man should be given the benefit of the so called doubters

Can all you guyz remember Robert Fleck, he was back up...what a player and we can do with someone like him just now