STV website says we are due 15% of Adam deal

Rangers are set for a windfall payment if Charlie Adam completes his expected move from Blackpool to Liverpool.

Former Ibrox midfielder Adam took the English Premier League by storm last season and, despite Blackpool’s relegation from the top-flight, became one of the country’s most in-demand players. The Seasiders rejected bids for his services in the January transfer window but now look set to cash in.

Liverpool have emerged as the favourites for his signature and could tie up a deal to take the player to Anfield in the next 48 hours.

That move would mean Rangers profit from a sell-on fee that was part of the £500,000 transfer that took Adam south two years ago. A slice of any future sale, believed to be 15 per cent, is due to the Ibrox club in the event of Blackpool allowing their star player to move on and that could be worth between £1 million and £1.5 million depending on the eventual fee.

The 25-year old failed to land a first team place at Ibrox after coming through the club’s youth system and spending time on loan at Ross County and St Mirren.

However, after moving to Blackpool, Adam went from strength to strength, playing a key role in the club’s Championship promotion campaign before making a splash in the Premier League. He also established himself in Craig Levein’s Scotland team and will play a pivotal role in the remaining Euro 2012 qualifiers.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/257157-rangers-could-get-boost-from-charlie-adam-sale/

I rated Adam said him leaving was a daft move by us as he could have got better, But still feel if he goes to a bigger team he will be found wanting as he was when he had to perform week in week out for us.

You cant hide at the bigger teams as they expect a level of performance higher every week that say a Blackpool does.

I rated Adam said him leaving was a daft move by us as he could have got better, But still feel if he goes to a bigger team he will be found wanting as he was when he had to perform week in week out for us.

You cant hide at the bigger teams as they expect a level of performance higher every week that say a Blackpool does.

it might also work in his favour though mate

at blackpool it was a case of "charlie adam will save us2 whenever they were struggling, if the team were playing poorly then adam looked and played poorly also

if he goes to a bigger team that have more players who can perform, he wont have to be the person the team revolves around, if he went to liverpool etc then adam doesnt have to be the player who gets the assists all the time, if he feels he isnt playing well etc he can just work for the team and allow others to do the flairwork

it might also work in his favour though mate

at blackpool it was a case of "charlie adam will save us2 whenever they were struggling, if the team were playing poorly then adam looked and played poorly also

if he goes to a bigger team that have more players who can perform, he wont have to be the person the team revolves around, if he went to liverpool etc then adam doesnt have to be the player who gets the assists all the time, if he feels he isnt playing well etc he can just work for the team and allow others to do the flairwork

Maybe i hope he does well to be honest and would never have sold him as when he kept it simple he was a decent player.

Did well under PLG it has to be said and i was no fan of PLG but it was noticeable.

Apparently, from what I read on one of Blackpools forums, Blackpool will only get 45% of the transfer after Rangers, Adam and whoever else get their cut which is why he is being very over priced.

One of the few bits of good buisness done in recent times. £2M for a player who was never going to improve at Rangers

Why is everyone wanting to use the money for Goodwillie? If we get Tomer Hamed then we wont need him. We should use it for Cuellar or even a left winger

Couldn't agree more. We need Def and mid not more strikers. And if Goodwillie is such a bluenose why did he sign the extension that now is costing us more money. 500k to 1mil is all I rate him as. Looks like he could be great but so many others have too and have failed. He should have left on a free and signed fer us. Cheers te Adam for the funds. Enjoy the bench at Liverpool mate.

Apparently, from what I read on one of Blackpools forums, Blackpool will only get 45% of the transfer after Rangers, Adam and whoever else get their cut which is why he is being very over priced.

One of the few bits of good buisness done in recent times. £2M for a player who was never going to improve at Rangers

Crystal Ball Loyal

:craphead:

Crystal Ball Loyal

:craphead:

I isn't hard to see now that Adam being sold was the best thing for himself and the club. If he stayed at Rangers he was never going to command a fee anywhere near £10M.

He couldn't cope with the pressure from the fans which is why I don't think he could have moved forward with Rangers.

And to top it all off, a don't even think he is that good bow never mind at Rangers :craphead:

I isn't hard to see now that Adam being sold was the best thing for himself and the club. If he stayed at Rangers he was never going to command a fee anywhere near £10M.

He couldn't cope with the pressure from the fans which is why I don't think he could have moved forward with Rangers.

And to top it all off, a don't even think he is that good bow never mind at Rangers :craphead:

Can i have the lottery numbers for Saturday please........

You say pressure from fans i say thats rubbish and return the reason of 'Walters tactics'.

:lol: Sir Awex, King Kenny, Jose Holloway and Oor 'Arry are all wrong then. :rolleyes:

In Scotland when managing players (if you are one of the old firm managers) you don't have the ability to experiment with players. Each game is a must win, I mean look at the stuff that is said on this form when we lose a game. Walter's tactics are there to ensure that we take maximum points and that how (in his eyes) he can attain that.

Charlie was a player with a lot of skill but questionable attitude. He was never going to get a chance here A. Because of his attitude B. Becasuse if he had played badly he would have been hung by our fans (which he was) C. Rangers cannot afford to "let players develop" because if they make mistakes it hurts our chances for a title AND there would probably be a fans revolt.

The only way players can develop at Rangers is through going out on loan where they will be allowed to make mistakes (or at least it is tolerable and expected as part of the process).

You all see how people talk about the likes of John Fleck, Ness, Wylde etc.. Talking about how they are pish, crap, should be gone. They are young players that need to grow and learn. Unfortunately they should be loaned out, however with us being broke the last few years they have just sat on our bench.

It is frustrating to hear people criticize Walter for not playing youth or squad players more but then we have a go at him if they make mistakes. You can't have it both ways.

Can i have the lottery numbers for Saturday please........

You say pressure from fans i say thats rubbish and return the reason of 'Walters tactics'.

:lol: Sir Awex, King Kenny, Jose Holloway and Oor 'Arry are all wrong then. :rolleyes:

So it's Walters fault he was pish at Rangers lol? He was getting dogs abuse from the fans every week and he couldn't take it and shouldn't have had to take it either.

Do u think he we would have a £10M price tag on him if he had stayed?

What are they supposed to be wrong about?