Copa America 2011

Now its a wee tad early as all the squads have not yet been confirmed but lets see who my fellow Rm'ers are keeping an eye out for :

I am going to assume that Abel Hernandez and Nicolas Lodeiro will be in the Uruguay squad , after his disastrous World cup appearances with getting a red card etc , see if he can live upto his early tag . Hernandez has returned from injury and its believed that Palermo are fighting off bids for their yong up and coming striker .

to the squad : 3 to watch , obvious ones i know but i'll be watching Neymar , Lucas and Ganso , no explanation really with all 3 being tipped to the top clubs in near future .

No-one really standing out from Argentina but would like to see how Banega is settling in as the deep playmaker and how he gets on with Messi , Banega has been highly rated since he was 17 at Boca and only now is his style of play being recognised by the mainstream for his performances at Valencia . Surprised Lamela was left out tbh but then again they still have Pastore for that role so keep an eye on him before his big move this summer as well .

Columbia , the only ones interesting me are Guarin , Falcao (obv reasons) and Rodagella , the Columbians usually flatter to deceive and after their exploits for Porto Guarin and Falcao may be out of steam.

i've said enough there , there are a couple from the other teams such as the Mexican that has replaced Hernandez , Erik Torres , similar mould and tipped for a move abroad but could be a little soon for the lad with Man utd the potential suitors

so over to you , who are you watching this summer ...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hardly seen Abel Hernandez this season - what with him being injured quite alot/not watching much Palermo - but I remember being impressed by him in the past. At the time he was back up to Cavani, but always seemed to be a very complete striker.

Also...he's a fucking god in FM 2011 :craphead:

Add to that Pato and Gio Dos Santos. (I follow Milan and Spurs)

Pato I rate really highly, but whenever I watch him I feel ever so slightly underwhelmed. Even though he's a good player, he has the potential to be far batter. All the attributes are there, but his all round game is sometimes disappoining. Hopefully this could be a chance to prove himself internationally.

Also, I rate Dos Santos and maybe he could come back to Spurs on the back of a good tournament.

I've hardly seen Abel Hernandez this season - what with him being injured quite alot/not watching much Palermo - but I remember being impressed by him in the past. At the time he was back up to Cavani, but always seemed to be a very complete striker.

Also...he's a fucking god in FM 2011 :craphead:

I actually thought he would make it to the WC in S.A but he didn't go is one big unit and can play a bit too , Don't see as much of him as i would like , always seem to miss the Palermo games on ESPN

Add to that Pato and Gio Dos Santos. (I follow Milan and Spurs)

Pato I rate really highly, but whenever I watch him I feel ever so slightly underwhelmed. Even though he's a good player, he has the potential to be far batter. All the attributes are there, but his all round game is sometimes disappoining. Hopefully this could be a chance to prove himself internationally.

Also, I rate Dos Santos and maybe he could come back to Spurs on the back of a good tournament.

His form may be down to the fact he is shagging Berlusconis daughter ...

Was watching a Chivas de Guadelajara game a month or so ago and the commentators were all gushing over Marco Fabian. Scored 10 goals from midfield in only 15 games or something like that.

One to watch for Mexico

Was watching a Chivas de Guadelajara game a month or so ago and the commentators were all gushing over Marco Fabian. Scored 10 goals from midfield in only 15 games or something like that.

One to watch for Mexico

Haven't heard of him tbh , i'll keep my eye out for this lad (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

Argentina Squad :

GK Mariano Andújar

GK Juan Pablo Carrizo

GK Sergio Romero

DF Nicolás Burdisso

DF Ezequiel Garay

DF Gabriel Milito

DF Luciano Monzón

DF Nicolás Pareja

DF Marcos Rojo

DF Pablo Zabaleta