Gordon McKie has resigned

I heard about this potentially happening around a year ago from a high source (I'll not name them)and unsurprisingly is coming true.

Like Ali Russell McKie is a yes man and will perfectly fit in with Whyte's revolution. I'm not saying this is a disaster for Rangers but don't expect to much from this guy, like I said he's a yes man and he fit perfectly in with all the sleaze that's gone on at the SRU since it turned professional.

Another £300,000+ salary for him will be a nice little pension top up for him.

I certainly hope Craig Whyte knows what he's doing.

I heard about this potentially happening around a year ago from a high source (I'll not name them)and unsurprisingly is coming true.

Like Ali Russell McKie is a yes man and will perfectly fit in with Whyte's revolution. I'm not saying this is a disaster for Rangers but don't expect to much from this guy, like I said he's a yes man and he fit perfectly in with all the sleaze that's gone on at the SRU since it turned professional.

A high source, pretty poor terminology.

A high source, pretty poor terminology.

How about a senior source inside the SRU.

One thought: I DO NOT BULLSHIT!!!!!!

And if you knew how badly the SRU has been managed since it turned pro then you'd most probably lynch McKie and Russell among many others, fact.

What do you mean by that?

How about a senior source inside the SRU.

One thought: I DO NOT BULLSHIT!!!!!!

And if you knew how badly the SRU has been managed since it turned pro then you'd most probably lynch McKie and Russell among many others, fact.

If anything McKie did an ok job and steadied the ship at the SRU after the crisis of 2005. He has reduced their overdraft by £5m for a start. Seems to me the vested interests and other blazers saw their own positions under threat and worked to oust him. He is a decent man who knows his stuff.

If anything McKie did an ok job and steadied the ship at the SRU after the crisis of 2005. He has reduced their overdraft by £5m for a start. Seems to me the vested interests and other blazers saw their own positions under threat and worked to oust him. He is a decent man who knows his stuff.

First in depth response I've had on this thread so thanks MisterC but the real reason for the reduction in the overdraft is because McKie's fiddled the figures in the first instance.

I mean some of the stories I've heard - from first hand sources - about the goings on at the SRU beggars belief. Take this for example: When Murrayfield was flooded out (can't remember which time but I think it was the second) all the insurance went on upgrading the offices on the top floor and nothing went to the players gym on the ground. In fact the players are still using in many cases the same equipment today.

Its not just McKie in all fairness but a group who always manage to go from one top job to another and its got nothing to do with competence. Take for example the early 2000s when we got rid of two of the pro teams. They said it was because they had to tighten up their belts but in reality it lost money as many outwith Glasgow and Edinburgh couldn't afford to go and it killed the reputation of rugby in many rural areas.

Then we could take about ticket prices and how other teams bring just as many fans to our pro team home games as we do.

I really don't think strategy has been thoroughly thought out. In relation to the 'Gers I really hope Whyte knows what he's doing... you don't become a billionaire for making the wrong decisions.

When I heard that McKie had been fired by the SRU, my immediate thought was, "now... THERE is a new job in waiting for Martin Bain"...I cerainly did not think to reward FAILURE at the SRU, with an even tougher and higher profile position, by appointing McKie as OUR CEO !!