Alan Shearer to be named Cardiff City Manager

MirrorFootball understands that Alan Shearer is on the brink of becoming manager of Cardiff City.

The Newcastle legend will replace Dave Jones as manager of the Championship side.

It will be his first full-time managerial post following a temporary stint in charge of Newcastle at the end of the 2008-09 season

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Alan-Shearer-on-brink-of-becoming-new-Cardiff-manager-article746990.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Why?

Cardiff have one of the best squads in the league, with the right manager they could actually get somewhere... Seems silly to take such a gamble on someone so inexperienced.

With contracts and loans ending, I wouldn't say they have anymore.

cardiff are fucking broke, he wont want mega finances for this job as its his first actual job, and cardiff will probably just be praying for continual participation in the championship nevermind challenging for promotion

he may well have the impact that houton had at newcastle in that he gets them playing as a team

good luck to him, i enjoy listening to him on MOTD, he actually knows what he's talking about

Good luck to Alan Shearer I like him he was a solid professional player and he talks sense most of the time.I am not sure how well he will do with Cardiff if he gets the job but he won't fail due to lack of effort or desire.

Doesn't want the gig?

Seems to be quite fussy over the job being the 'right circumstances'.

When you have a comfy job on the sofa though, you aren't going to leave it for something not worthwhile.

He still gets councelling for this unprovoked sickening sectarian attack on his foot by Keith Lemmon

Disgusting by Lenin