Archie Campbell

Andrew Shinnie, Stephen Stirling, Archie Campbell, Wayne Drummond, Cristiano Kisuka and Steven Hetherington have all been released. Not sure about Kerkar and Andy Little - I think Little is close to a new contract.

TBH I'm surprised Campbell has been released, but then again, I think he is too old for the under 19s now and with no reserve team (and little chance of first team football) his future was always in doubt.

Andrew Shinnie, Stephen Stirling, Archie Campbell, Wayne Drummond, Cristiano Kisuka and Steven Hetherington have all been released. Not sure about Kerkar and Andy Little - I think Little is close to a new contract.

TBH I'm surprised Campbell has been released, but then again, I think he is too old for the under 19s now and with no reserve team (and little chance of first team football) his future was always in doubt.

Cheers for that mate, think the reserves need to be brought back, as its a false economy.

He could've possibly have stepped up to the bench this season.

Cheers for that mate, think the reserves need to be brought back, as its a false economy.

He could've possibly have stepped up to the bench this season.

You and Jeda both make a good point-reserve team football was good for the overall squad ethic- It seems Scottish Football has lost it's way in recent times and this is one example

Reserve teams were scrapped due to costs.

And it's not a reserve team you need it's a revamp of Scottish Football to allow Rangers the opportunity of fielding a B team in a lower league similar to what they do in Spain.

These kids at 16,17 and 18 need regular competetive football if they are to develop and fulfil their potential.

This vacuum created by scrapping the reserve teams and having no league to play in is detrimental to their development at the most crucial stage of their careers.

This is where reserve football comes in essential, think there could be a lost generation of players

Agree completely, Now there's money back at the club, hopefully there will be a turn around in this, but i won't be holding my breath.

And it's not a reserve team you need it's a revamp of Scottish Football to allow Rangers the opportunity of fielding a B team in a lower league similar to what they do in Spain.

Always thought this, along with it helping our club I can see it improve the economy in Scottish football, gate receipts etc. Can't see it happening though.

With no reserve team we could always let these players go out on loan.

Also, what happened tot he proposal that clubs would be able to enter a second team into the lowere leagues? Has this been scrapped or still be discussed?

Always thought this, along with it helping our club I can see it improve the economy in Scottish football, gate receipts etc. Can't see it happening though.

Too much like common sense.

And of course it would generate money.

It's a reserve team or B team and not an Under 19 league. So Rangers B are away at Queens Park for example in Division 3 and the A team are away from home. Of course there will be bears who will go along and watch the reserves and perhaps the odd 1st team player who didn't make the squad or is returning from injury.

Queens Park benefit and so do the players by playing at a level which is competetive enough to aid in their career development.

Obviously these teams cannot be promoted but i cannot see why this couldn't get the go ahead.

Too much like common sense.

And of course it would generate money.

It's a reserve team or B team and not an Under 19 league. So Rangers B are away at Queens Park for example in Division 3 and the A team are away from home. Of course there will be bears who will go along and watch the reserves and perhaps the odd 1st team player who didn't make the squad or is returning from injury.

Queens Park benefit and so do the players by playing at a level which is competetive enough to aid in their career development.

Obviously these teams cannot be promoted but i cannot see why this couldn't get the go ahead.

Because its Scotland anything that helps out Rangers (even when it helps out there own team) would never happen.

Would really like to see it happen though, it would improve the standard of football across the whole country, increase the fan base of our own team, the gate receipts of smaller teams like Airdrie, Queens Park etc.

You could even build a wee stand at Murray park and have that as our B teams home ground.....maybe im asking a little too much now!

IT would probably be a logistical nightmare, but would really like to see it happen.

These kids at 16,17 and 18 need regular competetive football if they are to develop and fulfil their potential.

This vacuum created by scrapping the reserve teams and having no league to play in is detrimental to their development at the most crucial stage of their careers.

Couldn't agree more, it's shocking that you can't have a B team, There would be a decent support for them too, bringing in much needed extra cash for lower league teams.

If teams are disbanding their reserves due to lack of funds how can we put a B team out?

We'd still need to spend money and it would probably cost more than getting reserves games going.

If teams are disbanding their reserves due to lack of funds how can we put a B team out?

We'd still need to spend money and it would probably cost more than getting reserves games going.

Because if the OF were playing a B team in a lower league, then that would generate income so smaller clubs could keep/get back theirr reserves.

Like others have said, too much like common sense.

i remember when the first team were playing away

the reserves were at home

it was included in the season ticket

crowds were great,catering merchandise,etc could pay for reserve team upkeep

Is that right the club have released him?

Cannot believe if true, thought the boy looked the nuts from what i seen/ read about him.

Anyone know the full released list?

McMillan, Shinnie, Bendiksen etc?

I think it's only the youths that have been released so far so guys like Bendiksen who are "reserves" will still be contracted until the same time as other senior players which is probably 30th June/1st July.

Agreed, I thought it was silly getting rid of the reserve team, the B team sounds even better though...wish we had something like that.

I've always viewed this as a good idea myself Adoniram, but wondered what would happen if they were to get promoted through the leagues, eventually ending up in the SPL?

When you see the standard of football outwith the SPL (and some in it!!!!!) it is a genuine possibility.

I've always viewed this as a good idea myself Adoniram, but wondered what would happen if they were to get promoted through the leagues, eventually ending up in the SPL?

When you see the standard of football outwith the SPL (and some in it!!!!!) it is a genuine possibility.

its simple. promotion to the top league is not allowed.

I can see a few of these players joining another SPL club, and then a few years down the line scoring a last minute winner into us, prompting a lot of people on this site to question why we haven't signed him yet because he's clearly the reincarnation of Jim Baxter.

its simple. promotion to the top league is not allowed.

Care to explain how "simple" this would be mate?

If we had even 4 clubs, say Rangers, celtic, Hertz, and Hivs in the lower league, are you suggesting it would be a good idea (or simple) to have all the other teams in the league trying to finish 5th, as this means promotion?

Aye, I can see a league like that being really competitive, with thousands turning out each week to watch meaningless football half the time. :disappointment: