McCoist on Hemed, Danns, Wilson & Cuellar

Stu1993

TOMER HEMED will jet into Glasgow in the next 24 hours to seal his dream move to Rangers.

The Israeli striker is poised to sign a three-year deal at Ibrox after Gers boss Ally McCoist met with his representatives at Murray Park yesterday.

A further round of talks are scheduled for later today with Hemed expected in Scotland for a medical on Thursday.

If Hemed passes he will become a Rangers player by the end of the week - and the first signing of the McCoist era.

The Gers gaffer told SunSport last night: "It's close. We met and spoke with his representatives today. The new owner was present and we're now ready to take it further.

"We're looking to have something done by the end of the week."

Hemed, 24, will arrive on a Bosman after his 17 goals helped Maccabi Haifa to the Israeli title.

McCoist looks to have pulled off a major coup with Hemed snubbing offers from Italy, Spain and Belgium to join the SPL champions.

And SunSport can reveal the hitman could be joined by out-of-contract Crystal Palace star Neil Danns within days.

McCoist has confirmed Rangers director of football administration Andrew Dickson contacted the midfielder's agent Derek Green yesterday.

Danns is also being chased by Hull, Leicester and Celtic, but McCoist hopes the lure of Champions League football will see him opt for Gers.

He confirmed: "As regards Neil, Andrew has spoken to his representative and we're keen, very keen.

"That's one I am pursuing further as well.He's a player we are keen on."

Former Gers defenders Carlos Cuellar and Danny Wilson are two more McCoist is keen on as he bids to bolster his defence with the Ibrox futures of both Madjid Bougherra and Davie Weir in doubt.

Bougherra is attracting interest from the Premier League while Weir, at 41, has yet to be offered a new deal.

McCoist would love to re-sign Cuellar - who Gers sold to Aston Villa for £8million three years ago - but the issue is clouded as Villa are still managerless.

McCoist could turn to Scotland and former Gers youngster Wilson, although Bolton are also keen on a season-long loan for him.

McCoist said: "The situation at Aston Villa makes it difficult with regards to Carlos.

"Danny Wilson is a player we'd obviously consider but I haven't spoken to any agents or, more importantly, Liverpool."

Another player on Rangers' radar is Arsenal's Kyle Bartley.

He shone on loan at Ibrox this year before a knee injury and would like to return.

Coisty added: "Kyle is someone I am trying to get a hold of.

"Arsenal are in no rush to make a decision but we can't afford to wait and wait with our season starting earlier.

"We need to be ready to go."

SunSport can also reveal El Hadji Diouf WON'T be returning, while Getafe midfielder Derek Boateng is out of Gers' price range.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3638059/Tomers-on-his-way-to-Rangers.html#ixzz1PILLnrBB

Who's Derek boateng and when were we linked?

Found this interesting too mate, cant be that much of a rumour if its just flung in at the end there, while every other player gets a few lines about him.

Hmmm..I'm sure Andrew Dickson is still on Holiday in America.

He's not due back for another week or so.

Good news about Hemed though. (tu)

Theres two Andrew Dicksons at the club mate, he was getting all sorts of questions on twitter last week about things like this hahaha !!

Theres two Andrew Dicksons at the club mate, he was getting all sorts of questions on twitter last week about things like this hahaha !!

Explains alot :lol:

The one i'm referring to though, did actually get back off his holiday yesterday :lol:

so it's not too un-imaginable that he might be the one who had words with Danns' folk.

Explains alot :lol:

The one i'm referring to though, did actually get back off his holiday yesterday :lol:

so it's not too un-imaginable that he might be the one who had words with Danns' folk.

Yeah, i think hes head of the media team e.g the rangers news and stuff, the other as it says in the article is head of football admin. or its the other way haha

Never heard of him, and not a fan of Wikipedia haha, any chance you could give me abit of info mate ?

Hes a defensive midfielder for Getafe but he can burst forward past 2 or 3 men, and can be skillful as fuck

Got a strike on him aswell

Can be a bit erratic, but he is entertaining

Seems like a good player, Spanish teams always price their players highly, not as high as the EPL But haha, almost every player has a buy cut clause in La Liga, wonder how much hes tagged at.