The Empire Strikes Back

D'Artagnan

I still think what Campbell did was fairly trivial.

Campbell suggesting on national radio that Rangers supporters could mimic another clubs support to physically attack someone is trivial to you?

I couldn't disagree more.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

care to explain your self better in relation to my post, it's contradictory to what i said.

You said: "Rangers could quite easily issue a press ban to the paparazzi' and went on to say this would not scare the press.

I thought my question was clear - why would the press be scared off by a ban on photographers of celebrities?

Campbell suggesting on national radio that Rangers supporters could mimic another clubs support to physically attack someone is trivial to you?

I couldn't disagree more.

Yes. It's the Scottish football equivalent of the 'all the worlds leaders are really reptiles' theory

Im amazed that our club taking action against a newspaper story which is defammatory, erroneous and damaging to our club can be described by you as "bully boy tactics"

If you dont think that a damaging headline and alleged "exclusive" which is printed in a national tabloid is worthy of challenging then can I ask you...just what do you think is worthy of a challenge ?

Im quite sure yesterdays action will have sent the message that Rangers mean buisness.

====================================================================================================================================================

Your points are valid and accepted but you say in your answer that I am describing them as "bully boy tactics".

I am not calling them bully boy tactics, I am pointing out that others with an anti-Rangers agenda can,and probably will, describe the clubs actions

as such. I thought I had made that point clear in my post. Spiers/McGobblegiver et al.plumb the sewers for their anti-Rangers bile and truth comes a poor second in their thoughts.

My basic point in my post is that KJ is a second rate journalist. No one outside of Scotland has heard of him and even fewer read his articles.

I take your point that yesterdays actions will have sent a message (if any actions have occured,there seems to be some doubt that Whyte has done anything) My point is that if Whyte/Rangers have decided that enough is enough them I would prefer a major national reporter had been targeted and exposed nationaly. Outside of this forum very few people will have read about this event and will not be interested anyway but, rest asssured, Spiers/McGobblegiver will twist it to a national audience as I described in my op.

We have taken(?)a sledge hammer (Whyte) to crack a nut(KJ) and the majority of the country are not even aware of it.

"Bully-boy tactics"? Would the article read like such: "Here we were printing our malicious shite to sell our dank little rag as usual when the big bad Rangers told us we're not going to do it with impunity any more." That doesn't exactly fill me with dread - let the backlash continue.

Im amazed that our club taking action against a newspaper story which is defammatory, erroneous and damaging to our club can be described by you as "bully boy tactics"

If you dont think that a damaging headline and alleged "exclusive" which is printed in a national tabloid is worthy of challenging then can I ask you...just what do you think is worthy of a challenge ?

Im quite sure yesterdays action will have sent the message that Rangers mean buisness.

====================================================================================================================================================

Your points are valid and accepted but you say in your answer that I am describing them as "bully boy tactics".

I am not calling them bully boy tactics, I am pointing out that others with an anti-Rangers agenda can,and probably will, describe the clubs actions

as such. I thought I had made that point clear in my post. Spiers/McGobblegiver et al.plumb the sewers for their anti-Rangers bile and truth comes a poor second in their thoughts.

My basic point in my post is that KJ is a second rate journalist. No one outside of Scotland has heard of him and even fewer read his articles.

I take your point that yesterdays actions will have sent a message (if any actions have occured,there seems to be some doubt that Whyte has done anything) My point is that if Whyte/Rangers have decided that enough is enough them I would prefer a major national reporter had been targeted and exposed nationaly. Outside of this forum very few people will have read about this event and will not be interested anyway but, rest asssured, Spiers/McGobblegiver will twist it to a national audience as I described in my op.

We have taken(?)a sledge hammer (Whyte) to crack a nut(KJ) and the majority of the country are not even aware of it.

BC I would be gob smacked if anything other than someone from within Ibrox had brought this series of events to fruition.

As Ros das says - given what we have suffered these last 20 years - would more can Spiers and his ilk do to us ? Though I note that a significant number of posters are commenting that since the new chairman took over Spiers has mellowed considerably with regard to his articles about us.