Craig Conway on his way to Ibrox?

G.Linton

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good signing on a free and wouldn't be massive wages. We are crying out for at least 2 wide mids and we also want to allow Wylde to develop. There's no point spending a fortune on a guy for the left wing meaning Wylde will never get a look in - he could develop into a terrific player and we need to grow our own. Conway is a good proven performer at SPL level would supplement the squad well.

This potential signing reminds me of when we signed Neil McCann. Started his career at a smaller club, moved to a top half SPL team (Dundee then Hearts for McCann), before moving onto the Gers despite supporting the wrong side as a boy. McCann went on to be a great signing for us. Won us the league at Parkhead and celebrated harder than any of us!

Good signing on a free and wouldn't be massive wages. We are crying out for at least 2 wide mids and we also want to allow Wylde to develop. There's no point spending a fortune on a guy for the left wing meaning Wylde will never get a look in - he could develop into a terrific player and we need to grow our own. Conway is a good proven performer at SPL level would supplement the squad well.

This potential signing reminds me of when we signed Neil McCann. Started his career at a smaller club, moved to a top half SPL team (Dundee then Hearts for McCann), before moving onto the Gers despite supporting the wrong side as a boy. McCann went on to be a great signing for us. Won us the league at Parkhead and celebrated harder than any of us!

I agree with this

Wylde has a lot of potential but is nowhere near the finished article

Ideally we would sign someone slightly better than him, but not so much better that Wylde will never again have a look in

I wouldn't be exactly gutted if we didn't sign him, but I'd definitely be happy with the deal if he did.

The type of squad player who does have potential, there's no doubt about it and it also gives the chance to compete on at least three fronts with having a bigger squad. We really struggled last year during the middle part of the season when the games where coming thick and fast.

It may not be a eye catching signing but it these signings that go a long way to winning titles, doubles and maybe even trebles.