Craig Conway on his way to Ibrox?

G.Linton

Then why the fuck are we offering Tomer Hemed £4k a week and thinking we can get somewhere?

Because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world and are looking for a certain type of player who cares more about this than money

Dado Prso turned down AC Milan to join us

Chris Eagles turned us down

Go figure

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ur Mrs went to school with me mate so u know i aint writing things for fun, I reckon whats happening here is, We all including myself are getting a wee bit impatient about getting a signing or two in the door, only natural because we want to see things moving, but the other is Rangers do seem to be taking their time about things, BUT i said about this Gattusso thing, and I know its a million miles off in all our eyes, but the boy that gave me the info on Gattusso, quite clearly said, they wanted to make their 1st signing a top name without spending mega money, to make a statement of intent, and I was told Gattusso would be that signing, also Craig Whyte sees Rangers as a big commercial opportunity, his words, and maybe this type of signing would kick off his vision of commercial opportunity ! Thats just my opinion for what its worth, but I think Conway and Hemed are signing for Rangers only going on info, if im wrang im wrang no stop me geeing the bears some info

you've more than proved that you aren't talking shite on here mate and i think everyone knows that

even if you're wrong about gattusso then that would be a rare miss and i'm sure everyone would forgive you :lol:

keep the info coming mate,it's much appreciated (tu)

p.s how do you know ma bird? i think you're mistaken me with someone else.

you've more than proved that you aren't talking shite on here mate and i think everyone knows that

even if you're wrong about gattusso then that would be a rare miss and i'm sure everyone would forgive you :lol:

keep the info coming mate,it's much appreciated (tu)

p.s how do you know ma bird? i think you're mistaken me with someone else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE MATE AW MAN how embarrasing, my pal fae school Mandy, her man is on here and has a similar username to u mate !! So Sorry, dont come looking for me hahahaha

I am trying not to think about it but it is very possible, then we move down Allys list, God knows what will be next after those named, i mean they are not exactly eye catching signings themselves. We will just need to wait and see.

i'm sure ally is just trying to bulk the team up a bit first with a few bosman signings mate

i'm almost certain our standards will be higher when he starts spending the transfer budget.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE MATE AW MAN how embarrasing, my pal fae school Mandy, her man is on here and has a similar username to u mate !! So Sorry, dont come looking for me hahahaha

so the mighty dunny is wrong at last :craphead:

no worries mate :lol:(tu)

Because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world and are looking for a certain type of player who cares more about this than money

Dado Prso turned down AC Milan to join us

Chris Eagles turned us down

Go figure

what on earth are u talkin about ? u say we are one of the biggest clubs in the world ,

yet we are offering our TOP TARGET 4k a week .go figure that ...

u also say we are looking for a certain type who cares more about this(i take it u mean us) than money ??

there aint a footballer on this planet that cares about a team more than money its called lookin after number 1 ....behave yourself ...

and fuck knows what ur gettin at with the dado and eagles analagy ...that i cant figure out ffs ...

what on earth are u talkin about ? u say we are one of the biggest clubs in the world ,

u also say we are looking for a certain type who cares more about this(i take it u mean us) than money ??

there aint a footballer on this planet that cares about a team more than money its called lookin after number 1 ....behave yourself ...

and fuck knows what ur gettin at with the dado and eagles analagy ...that i cant figure out ffs ...

Firstly, the £4k a week figure you are referring to is surely no more than media conjecture. And secondly, how do you know Hemed is our top target? Are you privy to McCoist's transfer plans?

The reaction to the potential deals for Conway and Hemed from some people on here is outrageous. How the hell did we ever last that 2 year period when we didn't sign anyone?!

Wow, not only are you an idiot but you're an obnoxious one at that

We can only offer average wages because a) we're crippled financially (or at least were), and b) because of the league we play in

How 'big' a club is is not dependant on what wages they can offer players. If it was, almost every team in the top 2 tiers of English football would be seen as a bigger club than us

We are relying on players who would rather play for a big name club on average wages than play for an average club on massive wages. And yes they exist. Do you really think Jelavic or Davis or McGregor couldn't be earning more than what they're earning at Rangers right now? Dado Prso turned down AC Milan and Bolton, both of whom were offering more than we were. Players motivated solely by money like Chris Eagles will never play for us, nor should we want them to

:lol:

Dunny :praise:

Listen mate don't worry. You've more than proved that you know more than most about inside happenings at Ibrox + Murray Park. But we don't expect you to be sitting in on negotiations !

Wow, not only are you an idiot but you're an obnoxious one at that

We can only offer average wages because a) we're crippled financially (or at least were), and b) because of the league we play in

How 'big' a club is is not dependant on what wages they can offer players. If it was, almost every team in the top 2 tiers of English football would be seen as a bigger club than us

We are relying on players who would rather play for a big name club on average wages than play for an average club on massive wages. And yes they exist. Do you really think Jelavic or Davis or McGregor couldn't be earning more than what they're earning at Rangers right now? Dado Prso turned down AC Milan and Bolton, both of whom were offering more than we were. Players motivated solely by money like Chris Eagles will never play for us, nor should we want them to

There has to be a middle ground where we offer reasonable wages and they want to play for Rangers. Just one or the other will not work. It is called a meeting of the minds or consensus ad idem. That's what makes a contract work.

People complaining we are only offering 4k a week, how do you think we got into the position where we couldnt sign players to begin with ? by over spending and going over our wage bill. If he did sign on for 4k a week we would all be saying what an amazing piece of business it is, cant have it both ways.

There has to be a middle ground where we offer reasonable wages and they want to play for Rangers. Just one or the other will not work. It is called a meeting of the minds or consensus ad idem. That's what makes a contract work.

We offer players what their standing in the game suggests they deserve. One good season in the Israeli league doesn't make this Hemed worth £20,000 a week wages. Too many in this thread are so desperate to see us sign someone, any financial sense just exits their brain

One good season in the Israeli league doesn't make this Hemed worth £20,000 a week wages.

The only person to mention the figure of £20k/week is yourself. Hemed has just won the IPL with Maccabi Haifa who have now earned the chance of Champions League football next season. Hemed was one of their top players last season and he only got a regular game in the starting 11 since january. Now he's just broken in to the Israel national side. He's only 24 and is obviously making waves and on the up. Considering Rangers pay Beattie £15k/week (and he can't score or run worth a fuck) I think this guy Hemed is probably worth more than what we're offering. Just my opinion.

Hemed reportedly wanted £8k/week net, and we've reportedly offered £4k/week plus performance related add-ons. So the difference between what we're offering and what he wants is about £600k. £600k in order to make sure we secure a transfer target the management team seem keen on isn't too much for a free agent. I certainly don't think it merits people mentioning 10 years ago, Ronald de Boer, David Murray, financial disaster and other assorted bullshit I've heard on here.

I have been told he wont be coming here either. Bit embarrassing bringing an SPL player in for talks only for him to knock us back.

I don't see how it's embarrassing.

Maybe he wanted crazy money. Maybe he was told he wouldn't be a first team starter and that didn't suit him.

Why so quick to go negative all the time?

I don't see how it's embarrassing.

Maybe he wanted crazy money. Maybe he was told he wouldn't be a first team starter and that didn't suit him.

Why so quick to go negative all the time?

So quick to be negative? <cr> I have been one of the most positive in the transfer section since it started. I think you have the wrong person. Maybe i forgot to put imo, it is embarrassing imo.

So quick to be negative? <cr> I have been one of the most positive in the transfer section since it started. I think you have the wrong person. Maybe i forgot to put imo, it is embarrassing imo.

But what IS embarrassing about it when you don't know the reason behind him possibly not wanting to come here?

But what IS embarrassing about it when you don't know the reason behind him possibly not wanting to come here?

I dont think it is hard to work out, as you say, he probably has not been guaranteed football, we most probably wont pay him what his fenian agent thinks he is worth and/or what Cardiff/Swansea will pay him and his heart is certainly not 100% in a move to Rangers for obvious reasons. I heard in January he was not interested in a move to Rangers, i have no idea why we even bothered inviting him down for talks. I think he has the same agent who messed up Kris Boyds career too, former Seltic player, Mark Donaghy? Its the fact we could not talk him into it or sell our club to him that i find embarrassing, maybe embarrassing is too strong a word, just who is doing our negotiating is what i would like to know, we have no CEO in place. Not a criticism as such, just a question. Who knows papaguy51, he may well still sign, we will just need to wait and see. If it sounds like i am being negative then i apologise, i certainly dont mean to sound that way.

I am so bored reading people outraged that we're not willing to give players more wages than we think they're worth. Thank fuck the new owner isn't going to be making the same mistakes SDM did and waste money just for the sake of it.

Pretty hard to waste money when you dont spend it! When he starts splashing our cash then we can judge if they are mistakes or not. Hopefully not of course. :)

I dont think it is hard to work out, as you say, he probably has not been guaranteed football, we most probably wont pay him what his fenian agent thinks he is worth and/or what Cardiff/Swansea will pay him and his heart is certainly not 100% in a move to Rangers for obvious reasons. I heard in January he was not interested in a move to Rangers, i have no idea why we even bothered inviting him down for talks. I think he has the same agent who messed up Kris Boyds career too, former Seltic player, Mark Donaghy? Its the fact we could not talk him into it or sell our club to him that i find embarrassing, maybe embarrassing is too strong a word, just who is doing our negotiating is what i would like to know, we have no CEO in place. Not a criticism as such, just a question. Who knows papaguy51, he may well still sign, we will just need to wait and see. If it sounds like i am being negative then i apologise, i certainly dont mean to sound that way.

Andrew Dickson, we got told that last week

I am so bored reading people outraged that we're not willing to give players more wages than we think they're worth. Thank fuck the new owner isn't going to be making the same mistakes SDM did and waste money just for the sake of it.

Well said Kev, have said it in this and the hemed thread. People are saying the dont want conway here, but are complaining we aren't splashing the cash that will bring him here, complete idiots man. Whyte is going about it the right way, the whole club are. No point in jumping in with 15K For Hemed when he would have accepted 8K. The whole point in negogiating is to get the best deal for us, the oppisite will be said in their camp.

Well said Kev, have said it in this and the hemed thread. People are saying the dont want conway here, but are complaining we aren't splashing the cash that will bring him here, complete idiots man. Whyte is going about it the right way, the whole club are. No point in jumping in with 15K For Hemed when he would have accepted 8K. The whole point in negogiating is to get the best deal for us, the oppisite will be said in their camp.

What retard said give him £15k a week? And how do you know he would have accepted £8k?