Craig Conway on his way to Ibrox?

G.Linton

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the taigs, conway is off to leister

According to the taigs, they were going to win the league last season.

As for Conway, I'm just not bothered in the slightest if we sign him or not.

i'm guessing its in that photo, the photo of the news paper

Do u mean "according to the rhags he's off to leicester?"

Or am I misunderstanding that Lennon or a Celtic player are saying this, I can only see so much in that paper pic as I'm viewing on the phone

Do u mean "according to the rhags he's off to leicester?"

Or am I misunderstanding that Lennon or a Celtic player are saying this, I can only see so much in that paper pic as I'm viewing on the phone

a guy in my wow guild said have i read tonights paper and i said no but there's a pic been posted, he said something along the lines of hes going to leister for talks, now i don't know if he's telling porkies or not, if the person that posted the pic can either tell us if city is involved or not.

RANGERS are closing in on Craig Conway after secret signing talks yesterday.

The Scotland star, who left Dundee United on a Bosman, met Ibrox boss Ally McCoist at Murray Park and a deal could be struck soon.

Conway, 26, had attracted interest from a string of clubs in England.

But McCoist made his move after the winger's plans to sign for Birmingham were crushed when boss Alex McLeish left St Andrew's at the weekend.

McCoist held initial talks and it's understood yesterday's session went well.

Conway spent five years at Tannadice after being snapped up from Ayr, and helped United to Scottish Cup glory in 2010.

He scored 15 goals in 150 appearances and McCoist believes he will be a great addition to his new-look Rangers squad.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3640804/Hes-Con-his-way.html#ixzz1POAfrvEl

Rangers make their move for 'dream' player Craig Conway

Published Date: 16 June 2011

By Angus Wright

RANGERS are understood to have held informal talks with Craig Conway's agent with a view to signing the former Dundee United player.

Conway, 26, is a free agent after leaving Tannadice at the end of the season. As well as interesting Championship sides Hull City, Crystal Palace, Watford and Leicester, Conway has caught the eye of new Rangers manager Ally McCoist. It is believed that Conway's representative, Mark Donaghy, held talks with the Ibrox club yesterday, although no offer has been made.

Conway moved to Tannadice from Ayr United in 2006 after being signed by then Dundee United manager Craig Brewster. He scored twice in the club's Scottish Cup final win over Ross County in 2010 and has won two Scotland caps (in a 2-0 defeat to Japan in Yokohama in October 2009 and in February's 3-0 Carling Nations Cup win over Northern Ireland in Dublin).

Dundee United captain John Daly believes that Rangers should push the boat out to make sure they capture Conway.

"If it all goes through then Craig will do the business for Rangers. I'm absolutely sure of that," insisted Daly.

"He would be very much Dundee United's loss and Rangers' gain, especially the strikers like Nikica Jelavic. He's a dream to have in your team. I know from playing with him over the past few seasons how important he can be to a striker with his delivery into the box.

"I'm sure that could continue at Rangers and you can't help but wonder how many goals someone like Jelavic would score as a result of his crossing expertise from wide areas. Jelavic scored 19 goals last season despite being out injured for a lengthy spell so, with the prospect of someone like Conway supplying him, there's every chance he may increase that to around the 30 mark.

"Others like Kyle Lafferty would benefit as well, but it's Jelavic's expertise in the air which Craig would be ideal to feed. As a striker, he just seems to have that ability to pick you out inside a crowded penalty area for fun. Sometimes he doesn't even need to look up because he just knows where you are and you can't ask for much more than that. I'll miss playing with a lot but he's taken the decision to move on so I wish him all the best for the future.

"Craig's got the lot so it's no surprise a club of Rangers stature have gone in for him.

"Sure, he's most noted for his dribbling, pace and crossing which sets up so many opportunities for his team. However, people shouldn't forget either he goes through a power of work in every game."

McCoist, still looking to make his first signing since taking over from Walter Smith, has admitted that he hopes to secure Israel striker Tomer Hemed by the end of the week. The 24-year-old is out of contract at Maccabi Haifa.

"It's close," McCoist said. "We met and spoke with his representatives (on Tuesday]. The new owner was present and we're now ready to take it further. We're looking to have something done by the end of the week."

McCoist is also looking at midfielder Neil Danns, who is out of contract at Crystal Palace, but is being frustrated in his attempts to sign former Ibrox defender Carlos Cuellar because of the managerial uncertainty at Aston Villa. He said: "As regards Neil, Andrew (Dickson, Rangers director of football administration] has spoken to his representative and we're keen, very keen. That's one I am pursuing further as well. He's a player we are keen on."

He added: "The situation at Aston Villa makes it difficult with regards to Carlos."

Source

A Complete Winger On A Free.

Why The Fuck Not!

He would be a superb squad player to have and he can play on both flanks and provide the type of crosses that Players like Hemed and Jelavic would love...

It's a yes from me (tu)