Allan McGregor Premiership comparison stat

Boab

It's good to see that his shot stopping ability is above the average but it means nothing to me as I know McGregor is head and shoulders above the shit keepers i.e Kingson, Carson, Green & Mignolet who will undoubtedly drag that average figure down a fair bit.

What I really care about is how his shot stopping compares to the top guys in that division i.e Cech, VDS, Reina & Hart.

It's all very well saying a shot in the SPL is the same as in the EPL, but I'd far rather take a strike off of John Sutton than Wayne Rooney.

You can only save the shot that's hit at you if its on target it doesn't mater if its Sutton or the taig lover.

You can only save the shot that's hit at you if its on target it doesn't mater if its Sutton or the taig lover.

You could easily argue that Rooney would have better placement, and more power, making it harder to save.

You could easily argue that Rooney would have better placement, and more power, making it harder to save.

You could if you were a bam looking to discredit the ability of McGregor i suppose.

Both finished about 10th top scorers in their respective leagues, scoring around 11 goals.

Seems a fair comparison.

So then if you take those stats on board McGregor's rightful place as the best is confirmed.

Thanks for taking part in this thread.

I bid you good day.

I think McGregor is one of the best in Europe, but these stats don't show it.

No doubt Fraser Foster's stats are up there with McGregor, doesn't mean he's as good a keeper.

I doubt it.