Blues idea was this? Liverpool unveil new 2011/12 away kit...with Everton colour

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/15/article-2003985-0C92CAAC00000578-950_306x423.jpg

For football supporters one of the worst nightmares is finding out your club has released a strip with colours from bitter rivals.

Liverpool fans probably thought they would never see the day but after the Merseyside club unveiled a new third kit, they will see their team play in the blue of local rivals Everton next season.

The strip for the 2011/12 campaign is mainly white but shows enough blue trim to probably cause enough Reds followers to face an identity crisis on away days from Anfield next term.

Fear not though Liverpool fans as the ‘cyan’ colour choice from Adidas is in fact a nod towards the club's first home kit from almost 120 years ago which incorporated white and blue halves. It wasn’t until Bill Shankly became manager that the home kit became completely red, in 1964.

The new design takes its inspiration from the classic tracksuit tops of the 1980s, incorporating the diagonal stripe across the front of the shirt.

It’s Liverpool’s second new strip revealed this summer after releasing a black away kit last month, but it will still cost fans a wallet-hitting £50 for an adult replica which can be pre-ordered before it goes on sale on July 14.

Either way it’s the closest you will get to seeing any blue in the Kop end next season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003985/Liverpool-unveil-new-2012-away-kit-blue-colour.html#ixzz1PRFdojJa

what we think lads

This is the reason i don't want Adidas anywhere near us as a sponser , fucking horrible tops they do bar maybe 1 or 2

Nike come out with a few horrors as well, its just your luck what you get from them.

I wonder what would happen if we got a white away top and had a green stripe...

Lowest selling top ever? Although, even if it had that green strip, i would wear it if it wasnt the tims green, but a dark green or something, so long as it has Rangers on it, i would wear it with pride.

Lowest selling top ever? Although, even if it had that green strip, i would wear it if it wasnt the tims green, but a dark green or something, so long as it has Rangers on it, i would wear it with pride.

That's so wrong. You're wrong. Everyone at the club knows it's wrong.

That's so wrong. You're wrong. Everyone at the club knows it's wrong.

I dont mind green as a colour, so long as its not the green of the mhanky mob, its all academical anyway, because the club would never release a green top... at least i would like to think so :lol:

Who gives a shit, crap derby anyway. Man City have red on their away kit :rolleyes:

Quite smart anyway, I like it.

it does look quite good, not a patch on the black one though, that's a beltur.

Don't think any Liverpool fan would care, don't even think they class Everton as arch rivals.

My mate is an Evertonian and he'd rather get one over on the Mancs than Liverpool. Their derbies are pants anyway, always seem to sit in each other's home ends with their colours.