Interesting Development

TheLawMan

No-one can deny there is a tax case going on. Its fact and we all know it. At first, its fair to say many of us didnt believe it, but it came to pass that we were going to defend a particular policy we used over a period of 10 years to pay some of our staff.

You could of course be mistaken for thinking it is Celtic who are facing this tribunal and bill as its the number one topic on all of Celtic Tinternet land. There is no talk of being SPL Champions(oops), no talk of playing in the Champions League (oops), no talk about how they have outmastered their rivals over the past 3 years (oops) and amazingly no talk about how bad things really are over there that the team they are all laughing at......are in fact shiting all over them.

But anyway, i digress.

Anyone who has read some of the stuff written or has heard stuff said on the radio will be more than aware that 2 people in particular, one residing in Donegal and the other in Philadelphia are SO CLOSE to the case that they have saw the physical bill plus penalties that sits on the desks of Rangers Football Club Finance Department. Its £24 million + £12 million + £some other gazillion.

Yet, curiously, both these guys have to date, not shown one single shred of evidence to support this theory.

To counter it though, our ex Chairman back in November said "the potential bill was undetermined at this stage"

Our current Chairman in May also stated "At this moment in time, there is no liability to HMRC"

But despite these claims by 2 Rangers Chairmen, The Donegal Dunse and the Philadelphia Phanny stated they were lying and that they had sight of the bills.

I have only 2 minutes ago received an e-mail from a very good friend who is in the same hospitality section as me at Ibrox every second week. Someone i trust implicitly. Turns out, he has had an interesting conversation with a chap who has a Freedom of Information document from HMRC which shows the exact amount of outstanding TAX due to HMRC from ALL clubs in the Scottish Premier League(and SFL) as at 1st May 2011.

HMRC are careful to note that the outstanding figure DOES NOT INCLUDE "debt liabilities of clubs that cannot pay the full sum up front and have agreed a payment plan spread over a period of time."

Given that Rangers have not agreed to a payment plan, then it can only be concluded that if there indeed exists a tax liability at this stage, then it will be included in the total amount of Tax debt in Scotland.

That total is £161,962.

hmmmmmmpphh

Now let me be clear about something here before anyone gets excited. This doesnt mean "telt ye, we've won it" or anything remotely like that. What it means, to me, is that as things stand, just as AJ said and just as CW said, there is no liability due to HMRC and no physical tax bill lying on anyones desk.

That is not to say that HMRC will not win this case, then create a tax bill, which may be a £1 or £100 million, but it is further evidence that just perhaps, Dunse and Phanny have been led up the garden path.

For all lurkers, feel free to report back for an update from Donegal. American timeline will give them some time to get their Dougie Dougie ducks in a row for all the lemmings to ponder over.

But before you do ghuys. You should note that included in the debt for Welsh clubs is a debt relating to Neath FC. Neath are disputing they owe it. HMRC say they do. No payment plan has been agreed. Its in the figures.

Sorry for the long windipoohs post.

:sherlock:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But before you do ghuys. You should note that included in the debt for Welsh clubs is a debt relating to Neath FC. Neath are disputing they owe it. HMRC say they do. No payment plan has been agreed. Its in the figures. :sherlock:

:shifty:

Capital C

B7

And another thing this figure you plucked. Could it be that the tax case is still ongoing and they are not sure the exact figure therefore cannot publish it?

Sorry, dont understand what you mean ?

If you believe the rumours, its not reconvening to late October, early November now. (tu)

The goalposts shifting again then I see. Last I heard they were starting the hearing which would take 6 weeks. Couldnt say how long ago that was but if they are putting back the hearing there must be a reason for it. However, I prefer to wait til something concrete emerges rather than just rumours.

Where did you get the 161k from?

The £161,962 is the exact amount of TAX outstanding from all Scottish top flight clubs to the HMRC as at 1st May 2011 excluding any debt where a payment plan has been agreed. (tu)

The goalposts shifting again then I see. Last I heard they were starting the hearing which would take 6 weeks. Couldnt say how long ago that was but if they are putting back the hearing there must be a reason for it. However, I prefer to wait til something concrete emerges rather than just rumours.

These cases get heard in 2 week chunks. If everything is not resolved in the 2 weeks, then they reconvene and it normally can take 5/6 months to get a free date in the diary. The case was heard late October 2010 then again in late April/early May. It cant be resolved hence another one late in the year (tu)

My understanding is that Rangers are amongst several teams from the SPL and EPL who are fighting this case as they have all used the same mechanism to remunerate their staff. Although I have heard that RFC were the only ones to put it on the players contracts.

Anyway, every celtic fan I know told me they were going to win the league last year and hey what happened to them!

My understanding is that Rangers are amongst several teams from the SPL and EPL who are fighting this case as they have all used the same mechanism to remunerate their staff. Although I have heard that RFC were the only ones to put it on the players contracts.

Anyway, every celtic fan I know told me they were going to win the league last year and hey what happened to them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They say this every year. Since the SPL started these fucking brainwits have been saying this.

Capital C

B7

And another thing this figure you plucked. Could it be that the tax case is still ongoing and they are not sure the exact figure therefore cannot publish it?

This is the exact point of his post.

Gobble-Gobble and his cronies are claiming to have seen the bill. They cannot have done so. The bill has not been issued yet.

The bill may well be coming, but anybody claiming to have seen this bill already is a liar.

Thanks to the OP for the info. As you have pointed out, it in no way says we are out of the woods but it does shine a light on the bullshitters.

Ole is right. It's not huge sum of money. In fact, if we happened to lose the case and £161k was what we had to pay, I'd consider that a result :lol: Not a huge sum of money by any standards.. but these days I have a good feeling about this tax case. (tu)

God, I hope your mate is right WeissMan. Obviously, it doesn't mean we're out of the woods or anything, but it gives the bum's rush to phil mcsillyname and his pals' bullshit. Is he going to share the FOI document around?