Alan Smith joins David Healy

RFC55

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trial will prove fuck all imo. Players can look great in training games & pre season friendlies. It's competitive games that count...especially given his recent appearance record (or lack of it). Can see us getting landed with him because he impresses in training! :rolleyes:

A trial will prove fuck all imo. Players can look great in training games & pre season friendlies. It's competitive games that count...especially given his recent appearance record (or lack of it). Can see us getting landed with him because he impresses in training! :rolleyes:

Exactly. Looks at what happened to Barazite and Welcome.

Hope he does well since he supposedly supports Rangers.

Used to be the Premier League's most overrated player when Leeds were good. Has played hundreds of games at CM or RM at time at Leeds/Man Utd/Newcastle, certainly isn't a striker. Leeds had strikers like Jobby Keane, Viduka and Fowler, but he only got in the team because he was the "local lad". Never shy of a challenge, and good in the air, but hardly prolific, and slow. His midfield distribution is worse than Edu's. I suspect he's heading back to Leeds. I certainly hope it isn't Ibrox!

O'Connor was training with the scum before going back to hibs...

I saw him walking from Queen Street to Central (I assumed) with his hold-all over his shoulder.

He must be skint if he can't afford a taxi from the Gasworks back to Edinburgh. Although 70 nicker could get you some good gear I suppose...

I am happy for Alan Smith to come on trial lets have a look at him and if we feel he can do a job sign him.One thing I will say for Alan Smith is he works hard does not shirk a challenge and has a bit of quality if he could stay free of injury he could potentially do very well for us.

Agree 100%