Scott Brown

Ted E Bayer

Can't believe there's no Scott Brown thread been made yet....Shocked to say the least :huh:

Anyway. Keevans and Johnston are both adamant the Scott Brown deal to come to Rangers is already in place and agreed with Petrie. Things have remained quiet for the benefit of Scott Brown, John Collins, the hibs players and fans. But as far as they are concerned it's a done deal.

Here's hoping this is true and if it is I can't see us paying the reported sums of £4 million +. In which case again we may simply have first refusal on him with Petrie knowing Brown is a solid Gers fan and that we are his prefered destination.

Talk..

i think maybe we have all got a bit fed up with the scott brown transfer saga hence the lack of threads about him. I really cant see us spending £4m on him though and will be quite pissed off if we do actually as thats probably most of our transfer budget on one player. Got lots of potential but from what i have seen of him i dont think i would want to pay more than £2.5m for him. Hes good in the spl but has very little international experience or european experience. Showed against italy that he can play at that level but i think for £4m i would be looking for someone a lot more experienced at the highest level.

I very much doubt we will pay anything more than £2.5m for him, which makes me think that we could miss out on him.

I had the same thoughts but with Keevans and big DJ spouting these "it's a done deal" claims im remaining optimistic. :Animation44:

i think maybe we have all got a bit fed up with the scott brown transfer saga hence the lack of threads about him. I really cant see us spending £4m on him though and will be quite pissed off if we do actually as thats probably most of our transfer budget on one player. Got lots of potential but from what i have seen of him i dont think i would want to pay more than £2.5m for him. Hes good in the spl but has very little international experience or european experience. Showed against italy that he can play at that level but i think for £4m i would be looking for someone a lot more experienced at the highest level.

Agreed. I'd love to see him at Ibrox. The engine, the passion, the fight he possesses is exactly what we need, but not for more than 2.5 or 3 million (max) and most certainly not at the expense of a quality striker and the purchase of at least 6 other quality players which is much needed to bolster the squad at present.

Personally, I would break the bank to bring him to Gers, his performances for Scotland were exceptional and he did not look out of place against the Italians.

If it is a done deal, Hibs would not have sold for less than £4M knowing fine well that as the season continued, his value would increase. They would have been daft to have agreed to sell for eg £2.5M in Jan, but I hope they did!

Personally, I would break the bank to bring him to Gers, his performances for Scotland were exceptional and he did not look out of place against the Italians.

Yes i agree he has done well in his games for scotland but thats only a few games and i wouldnt be judging him on that. If we had £20m+ to spend then i could see us spending £4m+ on him but my point is if we have say a £10m budget (and i dont think we will even have that) then is it a good idea to spend at least £4m of it on one player when the squad is so weak? What happens if he gets injured??? With so little money available we need to use it wisely to get as many good players in as possible and £4m for one player is too much for us in our current financial state imo.

If a deal hasnt been agreed and Hibs want £4million, I'd drop our interest in him and go for one of the bosman signings. A Basturk, Gera, Rommendahl, Commons type player.

id pay £3M £3.2M max. At the start of the season most people were looking at £5M for the both. We already have thomson for £2M, if we can get brown at the same price, great, if we have to pay £3M then so be it but £4M is asking TOO much and we would likely lose out to a prem club

If a deal hasnt been agreed and Hibs want £4million, I'd drop our interest in him and go for one of the bosman signings. A Basturk, Gera, Rommendahl, Commons type player.

These guys are technically gifted or flair players. They don't offer us what a player like Brown offers and thats a tough tackling midfielder with passion, drive, determination, fight, fire etc etc....all the things we lack Brown possess and it means so much more that he's a Ger, when a player, like a fan, willing to die for the cause and I see Brown as that. Flair, creative players bring so much. Attractive football, but we're crying our for someone with a serious engine who can tackle. We've not had a tackler since Barry decided to stop.

We may lack the presence, aggression, determination, drive etc that Brown would bring, but we majorly lack quality, creativity, skill and class that a Gera, Basturk, Rommendahl etc would bring.

We may lack the presence, aggression, determination, drive etc that Brown would bring, but we majorly lack quality, creativity, skill and class that a Gera, Basturk, Rommendahl etc would bring.

Very true. We have creativity in Barry, Buffel and even Gow (to a point) but there's no denying a Basturk or Rommendahl would be a fantastic addition albeit unlikely (imo).

I'd still rather have wee Scwaynet Brooney frae Hibies.

Brown PLUS a playmaker with a killer pass and shot would be a DREAM!

Roll on the Summer and lets see what happens.

MY GUESS = BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ALL ROUND

Same here it's the usual build up of the likes of Koevermans Healy Brown then realistically the likes of Svensson Sebo etc

Maybe come the end of the summer, come the end of May, The TREBLE!!!

We Are The People!!

:rfcbl6:

Have you been on the drink again?

We will need a clearout for that to happen

Maybe come the end of the summer, come the end of May, The TREBLE!!!

We Are The People!!

:rfcbl6:

Have you been on the drink again?

We will need a clearout for that to happen

Keep Believing (tu)

Was reading a Hibs forum there and a lot of them think a deal is already done with Rangers.

Supposidly out during the week with his girlfriend looking at property in Glasgow, also has a flash new car.

The 'deal' however, was £1.5m for KT with £500k as a 'deposit' on SB with the £2m balance paid when he moves in the summer.
Quite a lot of them are saying this. They are also p*st off with him for wearing all blue boots.
The Blue boots he wears is a bit of a coincidence, he's on his way to hunsville

All just rumours tho.

Was reading a Hibs forum there and a lot of them think a deal is already done with Rangers.

Supposidly out during the week with his girlfriend looking at property in Glasgow, also has a flash new car.

The 'deal' however, was £1.5m for KT with £500k as a 'deposit' on SB with the £2m balance paid when he moves in the summer.
Quite a lot of them are saying this. They are also p*st off with him for wearing all blue boots.
The Blue boots he wears is a bit of a coincidence, he's on his way to hunsville
All just rumours tho.

Hope we get him, but nothing set in stone.