Gordon Smith to be appointed director of football ?

MCLACHLAN1

3.5 years is a long enough apprenticeship for anybody and if you think he didnt have 1st hand knowledge of transactions being at the coal face then you are very naive

Martin Bain dealt with deals. Sure Ally and Walter woill have talked to the players but they do not do deals ya looney

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Ally been doing for the last 3.5 years ?

Probably not much in terms of transfers, seen as we have renewed about 3 contracts in that time. Also it cant hurt to have an someone on board who's job it is to make sure transfers and contracts are getting completed on a reasonable time scale, our current contract process is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I can see the positive only with dealing with agents/transfers, but thats the long and short of it. I am sure this must be a kick in the teeth to Ally, when Walter allways said he will never be a director of football and doesnt believe in them and his seat is hardly cold yet.

Yeh sure. He made a complete arse of the role he held at the SFA, done Rangers no favours and certainly never seems to back up Rangers nor their fans. Maybe I am alone in this but there it is

He did no such thing, his position was made impossible by the tims who would never accept an ex Rangers man in the job. It wasn't his job to do Rangers any favours either.

My Dad says he used to be an agent, so I can certainly see why he has been brought in, most probably take over most of Bains duties, and help Ally with any wheeling and dealing. A good appointment, if true.

Your Dad is correct and so are you.

I just cannot see how the BBC can put the slant on him helping McCoist in his DEBUT season - that would be an Advocaat or Walter Smith, surely.

Taking Bains role would have been right but I guess the 'Gardening Leave' is going to end in redundancy for Bain, so they could not keep that title.

BBC have got it wrong - Smith must be the new Bain, under a new title

I just cannot see how the BBC can put the slant on him helping McCoist in his DEBUT season - that would be an Advocaat or Walter Smith, surely.

Taking Bains role would have been right but I guess the 'Gardening Leave' is going to end in redundancy for Bain, so they could not keep that title.

Thats what i was alluding to in my post earlier (tu)

Dont worry though this thread will end up in car crash mode with 9 pages of people moaning

He did no such thing, his position was made impossible by the tims who would never accept an ex Rangers man in the job. It wasn't his job to do Rangers any favours either.

You obviously forget his interviewing skills etc. Sure it wasnt his job to do us any favours I agree, so he didnt eh.

Whyte is a clever man. G.Smith will surely be useful, thus that appointment

Maxou whats the crack with you mate? Have you ever lived here? Your English is excellent and you have a good knowledge of the Rangers. You have probably told the story before but i never seen it.

Nosey bastard loyal :uk:

Agree'd he certainly wont be over-seeing any on field related issues, I am sure Ally will be on the blower to Walter for that.

I have a feeling Ally will be telling Smith(Gordon) who he wants, leaving him to concentrate on getting the team ready for the new season.

May turn out to be our most important signing of the close season if we are (hopefully) inundated with new arrivals and contract renewals.

You obviously forget his interviewing skills etc. Sure it wasnt his job to do us any favours I agree, so he didnt eh.

His interviewing skills? You'll have to expand on that one I'm afraid. Your other assertion is just pish I'm afraid.

Agree'd he certainly wont be over-seeing any on field related issues, I am sure Ally will be on the blower to Walter for that.

I have a feeling Ally will be telling Smith(Gordon) who he wants, leaving him to concentrate on getting the team ready for the new season.

May turn out to be our most important signing of the close season if we are (hopefully) inundated with new arrivals and contract renewals.

I think you might be right L B. (tu)

Maxou whats the crack with you mate? Have you ever lived here? Your English is excellent and you have a good knowledge of the Rangers. You have probably told the story before but i never seen it.

Nosey bastard loyal :uk:

I love that one :lol:

Unfortunately I've never lived in Scotland, but I hope to move over there in 2 years time :D

As for Rangers, my love and knowledge for the club has grown with time. The first time I went to Glasgow, I fall in love with the city, and that's how I started to support Rangers actually ! I'm so happy to be a bluenose mate (tu):D

Thanks for my English btw ;) I study a Degree of English actually.

Gordon Smith would be a fine ambassador for the club, I can think of other ambassadors for the club who are anything but what their role should entail.

I must agree - he’s intelligent, articulate and knows both the footballing aspirations of The Rangers and the culture that surrounds the club.

He is also another winner and we can never have too many of those. On a personal note - I rated him very highly as a player for us.

I love that one :lol:

Unfortunately I've never lived in Scotland, but I hope to move over there in 2 years time :D

As for Rangers, my love and knowledge for the club has grown with time. The first time I went to Glasgow, I fall in love with the city, and that's how I started to support Rangers actually ! I'm so happy to be a bluenose mate (tu):D

Thanks for my English btw ;) I study a Degree of English actually.

So have you ever been to a game etc? how did you manage to get interested in Rangers?