Favourite Game Of All Time

King_gazza

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vaguely remember playing Abe's Odyssey and finding it absolutely brilliant.

Other than that I've enjoyed Jak and Daxter 2 more than any other I can remember. There have probably been good ones, but that's the one that sticks in my mind.

Wait, no. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Undoubtedly.

I can vaguely remember playing Abe's Odyssey and finding it absolutely brilliant.

Other than that I've enjoyed Jak and Daxter 2 more than any other I can remember. There have probably been good ones, but that's the one that sticks in my mind.

Wait, no. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Undoubtedly.

When you used to fart to distract the guards :lol:

Oaft, good question given that I've probably been gaming for longer than you lot of youngsters.

The original Actua Soccer was a breakthrough in terms of modern football games. Before that, Nintendo World Cup on the NES was fantastic and I still play it now.

Doom 2 and the original Quake were stunning, as were Blood and Half Life

Swat 4 won't get many plaudits but that was a terrific game. Moving on to recent times, Modern Warfare (the original) was amazing, possibly made more amazing by the fact that the [RMED] clan was unstoppable for about six months.

An extremely special shoutout to the Assassin's Creed series. It's too new (sadly) to be considered at the best games series of all time, but it is just absolutely sublime and in ten years time it'll be looked upon as the benchmark for all similar game types.

All in all though, I'd say the original Actua Soccer is stil the best and most groundbreaking game for me. I still own a PS1 copy that works on the PS3, as well as my original PC copy.

Going back to the times of the MegaDrive, Road Rash was fucking amazing !

Then the N64 you can't look past GoldenEye :drool:

The oringinal Metal Gear for the PS1 was quality also.

San Andreas was my favourite on the PS2.

Out of the next gen consoles, my favourite has been COD 4 :crywank: the campaign wasn't that great but for the online gaming it is my favourite ever. I managed to rack up something ridiculious like 30 days of gameplay online :lol: It was the first FPS since GoldenEye that I actually really liked.

Special mentions to the Assassins Creed games and also to FM, despite the fact the fact it's limited in what you can do, FM can keep me occupied for hours on end.

I know you asked for the one favourite but I couldn't decide so there's one for all the consoles I've had :lol:

fifa and cod, i buy lots of other games but i always go back to those 2.

in terms of old school, has to be mario kart and goldeneye, got hours out of those games

and i never get tired of playing the old mario and sonic games

SNES - Powermonger

C64 - The Manager and First Past the Post

:drool:

Anyone know how to run and download old dos games on windows 7? <cr>

It's possible mate. I downloaded the classic game star trek the next generation for my dad and that. ran through dos. Google the site wares bb and you need to sign up to it its free and use the search to find a thread on your game. They usually have instructions in the thread how to download it along with download links for the game

It's possible mate. I downloaded the classic game star trek the next generation for my dad and that. ran through dos. Google the site wares bb and you need to sign up to it its free and use the search to find a thread on your game. They usually have instructions in the thread how to download it along with download links for the game

Great, thanks Raligt, i will have a look.

(tu)

So many favourites.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to The Past

Sonic 2 (for the master system rather than the megadrive, it just seemed better done)

The first Tomb Raider

First and second Resident Evils

Final Fantasy VII

Ocarina of Time

Metal Gear Solid

I'm sure there're loads more.