Scotland under Craig Levein

G.E.C.

What do we make of it so far?

I don't give a toss about a few good friendly results, it's the qualifiers that matter.

Spain game aside it has been shite. The Liechenstein game was an embarassment (yes there was a winner), 4-5-1 against Lithuania and then the 4-6-0 against the Czechs.

He was completely clueless in the Czech game, personally I found his decision to start an uncapped Championship striker over Miller more baffling than the tactics.

I think he takes friendlies at times too seriously. The Brazil game fucked the seeding for the 2014 WC qualifiers so that could be Scotland not participating again in a national championship.

Read in the paper the other day and he was on about trying to get Scotland to play like Barca or Spain or something on they lines. Cringed so hard, fairplay if he want's to play football the right way but that is an awful statement to make.

The 4-6-0 really fucked all my hopes for him.

He tried to copy walters tactics but with his own little unique touch so it didn't look too obvious and it failed big style.

At the end of the day Scotland can't keep sacking managers when they fail to qualify for tournements.

They'll have a new manager every two years. End of the day Scotland haven't been at a tournement since 1998 so it must be a deeper problem than the manager.

At the end of the day Scotland can't keep sacking managers when they fail to qualify for tournements.

They'll have a new manager every two years. End of the day Scotland haven't been at a tournement since 1998 so it must be a deeper problem than the manager.

Fuck me you remind me of a guy I knew who ALWAYS said at the end of the day before he said anything :lol:

I do have a bit of a habit for it.

Never realised i'd said it twice there. :anguish:

At the end of the day you can be forgiven because at the end of the day you only said this phrase twice because you were tired as it was the end of the day. :P

He made a mistake in Prague, but i still believe he is the right man.

Albeit it a 'Friendly Cup' we were unlucky not to beat RoI quite easily and Wales should have been defeated by more.

I think he has installed a really good mindset into the players and has us playing good stuff.

If he can get Fletcher back in the fold and a decent centre half pairing then i think we have a chance for the play-off's!!

I do have a bit of a habit for it.

Never realised i'd said it twice there. :anguish:

Haha don't worry mate I have a habit of saying "that being said" all the time.

I think Levein's tenure hasn't been that bad. He hasn't got the spectacular results like winning against France twice like Walter did but then Walter is a better manager, especially at that style of tactic, and while a huge achievement France had just lost Zidane and were ashambles.

I like the fact that he is introducing a lot of new players. We won't qualify for this tournament and tbh I think our chances of getting to Brazil are slim as well but if we can start bringing through some decent talent at international level and keep a clearly motivated man in the job for a while we eventually get back to competing.

I think Scotland punched above its weight for a long time really.

In terms of attacking quality, I think we have a potentially fantastic line up.

It's a pity our manager seems to want to concentrate on defending all the time. Play to your strengths, and ours certainly isn't the Caldwell brothers and/or Berra.

Not doing too badly, don't think he deserves too much criticism (bar the 4-6-0)Hope he can kick on and give us a few results to be proud of and help us qualify for a tournament or two.

All this 'play football the right way' pish.

The only 'right way' to play football is to win.

Exactly.

Where I stay I think I was the only one critical after the Scotland-Spain match.

"Yeah, maybe played well but we still lost and you get no points for a loss."

"Jamie, we played great against the World Champions."

"I couldn't give a fuck! Football is a results business, not a performance one."

:wanker:

Exactly.

Where I stay I think I was the only one critical after the Scotland-Spain match.

"Yeah, maybe played well but we still lost and you get no points for a loss."

"Jamie, we played great against the World Champions."

"I couldn't give a fuck! Football is a results business, not a performance one."

:wanker:

We seem to be living in a era where there's a huge fuss over playing lovely football, small clubs have fans calling for a manager's head who's had good results because his style of football is 'boring' or whatever term they decide to use.

So far, got better but much to be concerned about.

Concerns in no particular order;

The clamber for an English gran is a bit pathetic, always has been don't get me wrong, Bardsley and Morrison have exclaimed englishness previously and so I'd leave them out - if they have an affection/affinity for Scotland then that's fine whether Gran/Papa or Mum/Dad connection but a mercenary, then not for me and the Manager picks them and so I blame him.

Pre Liechtenstein he said 'flair is a risk' and I almost don't care what context it was in as that's shocking and also, its before a country that couldn't fill bloody Hampden.

After the Czech game I heard a Chick Young interview in which the topic matter said to Chick 'At 0-0, I wasn't going to go for it' and for me that's quite wrong. He as a Manager was far too happy to settle for the draw. He's the Scotland Manager, he represents the footballing nation.

I don't think he focuses enough on SPL players, not that we should ignore the EPL.

The Brazil game was a waste, I agree. Was taken for the money, pure and simple and was an embarrassment for us.

Also, we should have won away against Lithuania. That was really important.

The Scotland Manager is one I childishly call 'loser levein' or again admittedly crassly 'cock levein' but the former for me rings hard, never won a trophy. There's many a Scotland available coach that have who we could have brought in and tbh still could, I'm not expecting us to win Euro 2012/2014 WC but I do want a winning mentality.

I do however think, from reading quotes, that Levein is starting to recognise the attacking quality we have but I'm not sure if he'll ever come out the 'small club mentality' manager.

And the Caldwell brothers, please no.

I'm passionate about the national team but don't expect sadly for us to qualify for 2012 euros under this management team.

Oh aye, and he should shave more often. :craphead: