Why £25 million over 5 years is plenty.

A lot has been said about the £25m that Craig Whyte has stated will be available for us over the next 5 years - both by ourselves and by 'them'.

They seem find this scenario hilarious and for some reason want to mock it, in the last few weeks they have revelled in the fact that we have only been linked with bosman signings and use this to fuel their own paranoia about our 'war-chest'.

This coming from the team that has signed no fewer than 13 bosmans in the last 2 seasons...

...and their ins and outs over the last 2 seasons have roughly broke even.

Whyte has again reiterated that any transfers out will go straight back into the team - had celtic had this they would have around £20 mill to spend right now.

Celtics vast coming and goings has been a result of ever changing management and bad signings - we have a squad that has won the title 3 years in a row - nothing will be taken away only added.

£25M over 5 years is plenty...

i agree totally m8. he has said that the 25 million is his money and what some people dont realise is the fact that if we qualify for the champions league,that is our money not the banks, not mr whyte but our money to spend. his money combined with champions league revenue and outgoing transfers we will have more than enough for mccoist to be successful.

Agree with both the comments above the amount of EPL players out of contract is unreal. SkySports did a best 11 of the 123 players released and u had the likes of Patrick viera sol cambell an so on there bargains to be had out there. if we can get danns from crystal palace goodwillie, and cuellar i would be happy and then when january comes c how the teams doing. They spend more time talking about what were doin or who we are sgining its pathetic, the min were liked with a player so are they been going on for years u have to laff. the main point is 3 years of hard times and stil champions now the future looks good.

As long as it is 5M per year plus anything raised from transfers out, I agree.

This. I dont think Walter would have seriously told Craig Whyte that all it would take is 25 million over 5 years.

This is probably the best comprimise. Ill give you this money; you use it like an investment, aquire valuable assets for a bargain and sell them on for a profit. Add that to your budget.

I'm confident that five millions pounds will prove sufficient. If we were to uncover a relatively affordable gem like Jelavic every summer (some scouting that would be, admittedly), plus a few competent additions - potentially bosmans or loanees - then we'll be in a strong position. I genuinely believe that we could clinch the title comfortably this season with just three signings; presuming, that is, that Celtic don't manage to pull off an unlikely coup in the market.

Let me remind you we went years without spending a single peanut...

Just saying.

No need to remind me. they were dark days. Luckily we still kept winning :cheers:

anyway, all this talk of peanuts is off-topic

topic is hazelnuts

- I'll get me coat :peanut:

No need to remind me. they were dark days. Luckily we still kept winning :cheers:

anyway, all this talk of peanuts is off-topic

topic is hazelnuts

- I'll get me coat :peanut:

Yeah I just think you miss the point .

In the dark days we could spend no money - now we have £5 mill min gauranteed.

We were constantly having to reduce the wage bill - not anymore.

Transfers out went to the bank - now they will go on top of the £5 mill.

Also Whyte hinted in his interview that if we qualify for the champs league that would release more funds....

MASSIVE TURNAROUND

Yeah I just think you miss the point .

In the dark days we could spend no money - now we have £5 mill min gauranteed.

We were constantly having to reduce the wage bill - not anymore.

Transfers out went to the bank - now they will go on top of the £5 mill.

Also Whyte hinted in his interview that if we qualify for the champs league that would release more funds....

MASSIVE TURNAROUND

Yeah you're right. The more I think about it, the happier I get.

If he gave us £25m in one lump sum, we'd probably just go out and buy Flo twice!

Having limited funds stops you getting complacent about how minted you are and it forces you to think smarter. ie Jelavic.

A Jelavic a year for 5 years doesn't sound too bad.

I was just making a flippant point about inflation.

And truth be told, I'd rather win the league with a squad of Murray park kids, and spend the £25m fixing the screens ;)