Rangers improve offer to Steven Whittaker

Gaz52

Sell him to Bursa and use the cash to finance the Cuellar move. I hope him turning down the deal doesn't prejudice the Turk's offer.

EDIT* Actually I wonder if we could tempt Big Eck by offering Whit as part of the Quellar deal?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be held to ransom by anyone regardless of who they are so jog on, 20k a week was generous for him.

Hope he enjoys a few seasons in obscurity before being sold off to even smaller clubs.

You will never get bigger than The Rangers, enjoy ruining your career Stevie.

We want quality is the cry, we want good players we scream - here we have a great player, a quality player, but because he wants market rate (i.e. what we he can get elsewhere) fk him is the cry!!!

We will have to go a long way and pay big wages to get anyone of the standard Whittaker is. If we can keep him great but if he can do better elsewhere then I wish him well. All he and his agent are doing is negotiating hard. Imagine that, in the professional game, a player wanting what is best for himself.

If Whyte is the man we hope he is he will appreciate, and be able to deal with, agents and players that negotiate hard without having to resort to the "Fk him then" mentality demonstrated by many posters on this thread, the same posters who are demanding loyalty but show none to a player who has contributed immensely to our last, trophy laden, 4 years.

We want quality is the cry, we want good players we scream - here we have a great player, a quality player, but because he wants market rate (i.e. what we he can get elsewhere) fk him is the cry!!!

We will have to go a long way and pay big wages to get anyone of the standard Whittaker is. If we can keep him great but if he can do better elsewhere then I wish him well. All he and his agent are doing is negotiating hard. Imagine that, in the professional game, a player wanting what is best for himself.

If Whyte is the man we hope he is he will appreciate, and be able to deal with, agents and players that negotiate hard without having to resort to the "Fk him then" mentality demonstrated by many posters on this thread, the same posters who are demanding loyalty but show none to a player who has contributed immensely to our last, trophy laden, 4 years.

Steven Whittaker isn't 'a great player' a 'quality player'... and he's certainly not worth £20k a week.

He's rank most seasons for long spells, defensively poor.

Steven Whittaker isn't 'a great player' a 'quality player'... and he's certainly not worth £20k a week.

He's rank most seasons for long spells, defensively poor.

(tu)

He was dreadful pretty much up till the cup final

Even after that Templeton gave him a nightmare in one of his only real challenges

Seriously hope this isn't the start of a Broadfoot wankfest. Whittaker might be a money grabbing cunt, but it doesn't suddenly make Broadfoot a good player

An injury prone dud who loves The Rangers.

Certainly not good enough and shouldn't even be considered.

#Rangers confirm to BBC Scotland they've made Steven Whittaker a new, improved contract offer. Player's agent says it's 'getting closer'....

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

....to what they're looking for. Whittaker and agent will discuss offer before giving their response to #Rangers

oh God whitts being the highest paid player at the club. I wonder what the new offer is? I see this as weakness from CW. I now see shagger and davis rejecting their first offer. To see how much they can get out of our owner the second time around.

does anybody actually know what we have offered him ?

if its true that he was on a wage of around 7 grand a week i seriously doubt we would make 20 grand a week our first improved offer . lets just wait and see how this pans out before we all jump on the bashing whittaker wagon .

has nobody learned from the bougherra episode a few weeks ago .