Tomer Hehmed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers’ pursuit of Israeli forward Tomer Hemed took another twist in their favour yesterday with his agent indicating that a deal was now on course to go through. Herald Sport understands the 24-year-old had not been enthusiastic about the fact Rangers’ offer was weighted towards appearance and bonus-related pay. After further negotiations the deal was improved, meaning Hemed is now likely to sign.

It is expected that the striker will be in Glasgow next week to complete the deal after obtaining a Polish passport. He is eligible for that through his mother and will need one in order to join Rangers without requiring a work permit.

If that was encouraging for McCoist, the news that Alex McLeish is set to be appointed as manager of Aston Villa this morning was dispiriting. The Rangers manager is desperate to prise Carlos Cuellar from Villa but McLeish is a firm admirer of the 29-year-old and is far more likely to keep him at Villa than allow him to return for a second spell at Ibrox.

Another recent Rangers target, the Swedish defender Andreas Granqvist, last night claimed he turned down a move to Ibrox so that he could join Genoa instead for £1.5m. “There was interest from Rangers, Nuremberg and Galatasaray,” said the 26-year-old. “I could have ended up at any of those clubs easily.”

Rangers appear set to miss out on the signing of Tomer Hemed after the Israel international revealed he has chosen to join Mallorca.

Hemed is available on a free transfer after his contract at Maccabi Haifa expired and he was heavily linked with a move to Rangers.

New Gers boss Ally McCoist was expecting to learn after the weekend whether Hemed would move to Ibrox after being optimistic of concluding a deal.

The 24-year-old had also stated earlier in the week that he was excited by the opportunity to sign for the SPL champions.

However, after weighing up his options, Hemed has decided to head for Spain and he is now due to finalise a switch to Mallorca.

"I decided to go to Mallorca," Hemed told Israeli website One.

"I went with my heart. It was not easy. It was not a relaxed week and eventually I got the offer of Mallorca and I decided to go for it.

"This was not an easy dilemma, but I looked at all the options and decided to go for Mallorca."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6995404,00.html

Ho hum.

You say tomato and I say toe-may-toe,

You say poh-tah-toe and I say potato,

Tomato, toe-may-toe, poh-tah-toe, potato,

Let's call the whole thing off.

:sherlock:

You say tomato and I say ....for the last time, it's a fucking apple ya daft cunt. :sherlock:

I just cannot get my head round anyone wanting to play for Mallorca rather than Rangers

My thoughts exactly mate??????????If it were valencia or top 4 team then yeah but Mallorca??? Just goes to show he must be about the money.

Aw well, I had never heard of the man anyway...it's his own fault that he's ruined his career already lol, he won't be seen in La Liga, especially with Mallorca. But money talks and the money wasn't here :/

From what i seen of him he looked quite a big guy, im not too keen on having two big strikers (Jelavic & Hehmed), ive always preferred 1 big striker and 1 fast one .. Jelavic & Goodwillie would be a very prolific partnership IMO :D

According to the BBC sport website, Tomer Hemed has rejected a contract with Rangers in favour of a move to Real Mallorca.

The report states that the lure of playing against Barcelona and Real Madrid was too strong.

Ah well, back to the drawing board Ally!!

Who fucking cares , he is either way better than we think and feels barca or real will like him or he is not as good as thought and fears cold weather , and playing champ league footy , an escape if you ask me