Gabriel Obertan

Sorry if repost but didn't see anything about him. Would be a class signing if it happened. Not exactly a top source though. This story effectively denies it anyway.

The agent of Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan has quashed rumours that his client could be leaving Old Trafford this summer on loan, Goal.com can reveal.

Obertan made only three starts in the Premier League in the 2010-11 campaign and reports emerging from France have linked the former Bordeaux man with a loan move back to Ligue 1.

French champions Lille are rumoured to be interested in acquiring the 22-year-old, with the club reserved to losing Gervinho to Premier League side Arsenal.

Saint Etienne are also said to be monitoring Obertan's situation at Old Trafford, however, his agent Karim Djaziri has confirmed his client is yet to receive an offer from any Ligue 1 side.

"Rumours about Lille? No, I have not heard of any. Nor is there any concrete offer from a French club," Djaziri told Goal.com.

The agent was then asked whether his client had received an approach from elsewhere, with SPL champions Rangers also being linked with a short-term move for the pacy winger.

"We have received no concrete offers this summer. There has been no contact," he added.

When quizzed if Obertan will stay at Manchester United for the 2011-12 season, Djaziri stated: "Yes, for now he will stay here."

The player himself also seems in the dark over a possible move back to his native France when interviewed by France Football.

"I should know if Manchester United wants to loan me and if they want to [loan me] to Lille. For now, I do not know," he said.

Obertan joined Manchester United in the summer of 2009 for a fee of €3.5 million from Bordeaux.

My link

We were supposed to sign him in January 2010 but the fucking bank blocked it.

Good memory

We sold Mendes to Sporting on the assumption that the money was going towards loan deals for Obertan and Fabio

Mendes went and the bank cancelled the 2 loan deals

Good memory

We sold Mendes to Sporting on the assumption that the money was going towards loan deals for Obertan and Fabio

Mendes went and the bank cancelled the 2 loan deals

Also in the same year we went for Ricardo Quaresma apparantly.

I really don't rate Obertan at all.

Admittedly, I have only ever seen him play for Man Utd, but each and every time, he has been woeful. Runs the ball out of play, dreadful final ball, very rarely scores.

Definitely better options out there than him.