*** Wimbledon 2011 Thread ***

Jordo

It's that time of the year again, Wimbledon kicks off tomorrow.

Rafa Nadal kicks off on Centre Court at 1pm looking to make it 2 in a row.

Andy Murray kicks off his campaign 3rd on Centre, looking to win his first Major as I'm sure we're all aware. :sherlock:

Might stick some money on Rafa, was 2/1 last time I checked.

im going :D

travelling down to London tomorrow morning, centre court on Tuesday and back up on Thursday :uk:

4 days off school :D

Jammy bastard :(

I'm going to try and get down in a few years time.

Sampras's record if up for grabs for Fed.

If only Federer and Sampras had met in the final in 2001 rather than the fourth round :drool:

What a fitting passing of the torch that would have been. And then Federer would be on seven titles by now too.

If only Federer and Sampras had met in the final in 2001 rather than the fourth round :drool:

What a fitting passing of the torch that would have been. And then Federer would be on seven titles by now too.

I was only 9 back then so can't remember too much, but looking back at the results you're right.

I think Fed deserves to at least equal Pete's record.

But we'll just have to see.

If Murray wins it, I will never say anything horrible about him again.

If Murray breaks his duck then I'll criticise him mercilessly every time he loses a big match for the rest of his career, because he'll have no excuse :lol:

He can either go on to win a load of slams like Lendl or just win one Wimbledon title and be known as a British curiosity who never quite exploded into the big time.

I was only 9 back then so can't remember too much, but looking back at the results you're right.

I think Fed deserves to at least equal Pete's record.

But we'll just have to see.

I remember watching that match at school and couldn't believe it. Apart from the slip-up against Krajicek in 96, Sampras hadn't lost at Wimbledon for eight years or something crazy like that.

I was an Agassi fan so I was pleased that somebody, anybody had beaten the big hairy monster Pete Sampras :lol:

I remember watching that match at school and couldn't believe it. Apart from the slip-up against Krajicek in 96, Sampras hadn't lost at Wimbledon for eight years or something crazy like that.

I was an Agassi fan so I was pleased that somebody, anybody had beaten the big hairy monster Pete Sampras :lol:

Likewise, I was an Agassi fan also. Mainly due to my Mum being one aswell. I can always remember eating my dinner in the Kitchen watching them (Agassi and Sampras) battle it out at Wimbledon :praise:

Likewise, I was an Agassi fan also. Mainly due to my Mum being one aswell. I can always remember eating my dinner in the Kitchen watching them (Agassi and Sampras) battle it out at Wimbledon :praise:

Have a video.

:mellow:

:huh:

:blink:

:crywank: