Should Murray Park be renamed?

Given the perilous state the former custodian got the club into (selling it for £1 tells its own story) should the training complex/football academy be renamed? :rolleyes:

'The Zoolander Training Centre For Kids Who Can't Train Good' as an example? :21:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this when he left, I think it maybe should, to something that won't be changed again when a new owner comes in like a legends names or the area or something.

Not just Whyte park and when someone else comes in there name.

So yeah it should be changed IMO.

It was under David Murrays stewardship that the place was funded and constructed so see no reason to change the name, however I feel at the time it was built it should have been upto the fans to decide on the name.

'The Davie Cooper Academy of Football' is one suggestion that I feel is more fitting than it's current title.

The Sir Walter Smith Memorial Footballing Academy springs to mind but it's hardly appropriate given his lack of fielding young players.

Now I think about it, I'm coming round to the idea of sponsoring the academy.

We could get a brewery, someone like Carling. yeah that's it the Carling Acad.....Oh wait.

Maybe after our new owner - The Whyte House

The Sir Walter Smith Memorial Footballing Academy springs to mind but it's hardly appropriate given his lack of fielding young players.

Now I think about it, I'm coming round to the idea of sponsoring the academy.

We could get a brewery, someone like Carling. yeah that's it the Carling Acad.....Oh wait.

Maybe after our new owner - The Whyte House

"The Whyte House" :lol:

No, the man provided the funds to build the training centre (not a youth academy).

To change it now would seem churlish.

No problem - let's be churlish. :rolleyes:

His stewardship took us to the brink - I see no reason why we should continue to honour his name......in fact, the support should have been given the opportunity to name it at the time, not a group of self-serving fellow Board members who were, to a man, trying to keep in the vineyard-lovers good books.

No problem - let's be churlish. :rolleyes:

His stewardship took us to the brink - I see no reason why we should continue to honour his name......in fact, the support should have been given the opportunity to name it at the time, not a group of self-serving fellow Board members who were, to a man, trying to keep in the vineyard-lovers good books.

What's that got to do with him providing the funds to build it?