Allan McGregor and Steven Davis Not For Sale

Broxi1872

McCoist, meanwhile, warned new Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish he is wasting his time preparing bids for Allan McGregor and Steven Davis. The pair are key to the Gers boss' plans and are NOT for sale.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3649347/Gers-face-race-for-star-duo.html#ixzz1PrQM8FrU

Rangers will warn off new Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish over any attempt to sign Ibrox favourites Allan McGregor and Steven Davis.

Ally McCoist and McLeish have been friends for almost three decades, but their close relationship will be put to one side as the clubs convene on professional issues during the summer transfer window.

McCoist will make it clear to Villa that he has no plans to sell goalkeeper McGregor - seen as a replacement for the departed Brad Friedel - or key midfielder Davis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2006013/Alex-McLeish-warned-Aston-Villa-Rangers-stars.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-Rangersmail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Answer from Ally should be as follows,

"I rate Alan McGregor as highly as the goalie Manchester United signed and Steven Davis imo is a better footballer than James Milner and Gareth Barry, remind me how much the goalie went for and how much did Villa receive from Man City for the pair transferred? if you want to talk numbers on par with the these values lets talk."

Spot on. Thoose 4 and Naismith will be our key players next year hopefully. Ness should definatly be a starter ahead of Edu and McCuloch when fit.

OT

I saw the kaiser yesterday at the petrol station at gartnavel.

He fair likes his cardigans :D

"I rate Alan McGregor as highly as the goalie Manchester United signed and Steven Davis imo is a better footballer than James Milner and Gareth Barry, remind me how much the goalie went for and how much did Villa receive from Man City for the pair transferred? if you want to talk numbers on par with the these values lets talk."

You saved me posting something along the same lines. (tu)

Get them tied down on new deals then. We have heard that our players are not for sale, and contract extensions will be offered - time to get it done!

Both McGregor and Davis want to stay at the club.

Exactly. Its a disgrace how the likes of jones and henderson were sold for around 15-16 mil recently as "talented youth" players, just because they are english or coming from an english team. Yet McGregor and Davis have been outstanding and English teams think they can offer us about 2 mil for them.