In Defence of the Sectarianism Bill

Guest Andypendek

I can't see what's wrong with wanting to stifle bad manners (as you put it, the feral language). I'd have prefered education to legislation, but that's another thorny road!

Hold on a minute! I'm well-mannered but still swear like a trooper (makes me feel like a big man).

Also, have a rep, just to prove your original thread title wrong. Its popular now. :P

I'm still trying to decide if WilBeary would be Lenny Godber or 'orrible Ives.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek

The main thread on the new Bill is the one I posted the other day which is far from hysterical and asks serious questions of the legislation.

You have then posted a defence of this new Bill so I can only assume it is (partly at least) in response to my thread.

That's is why I made the riposte above and it is clear from live coverage this morning of the Justice Committee the new Bill could and should not be allowed to progress in its current guise.

I'm surprised at anyone who'd NOT want to challenge such hastily put together and flawed laws by Ministers who are readily suggested to be incompetent/biased by people like yourself. No matter the weather.

It wasn't in response to anything other than I was thinking about it.

An interesting take to end with. Others would suggest I am rabidly pro-SNP. Who am I, I wonder? If only I knew myself as well as other seem to!

And it's still grey as all get out.

It has suddenly dawned on the great unwashed that sectarianism isnt a one way street.

They are all turning on Republican Rosie for her comments about crossing themselves.

Its just like a nightmare on Kerrydale street vid Ha ha.

Guest Andypendek

Hold on a minute! I'm well-mannered but still swear like a trooper (makes me feel like a big man).

Also, have a rep, just to prove your original thread title wrong. Its popular now. :P

I'm still trying to decide if WilBeary would be Lenny Godber or 'orrible Ives.

As do I, and as did the real Martin Luther, interestingly enough. But I bet you all three of us know and knew when to hold our tongues, for example in mixed company or in front of kids.

But I don't imagine this bill is going to stop people swearing all over the streets!

I can go Mr Barraclough, trying to see the good side in everyone.

As said previously I'm politically neutral and care for none of the parties in Scotland in particular. I'm not overly fussy about your own leanings either.

I'd like to think that my criticism of the new legislation was clearly non-partisan in that regard.

Guest Andypendek

I'll have a quick reread of your post, but I doubt it will contain the comparisons to Nazi Germany, the claims of police state type tactics, and Apocalyptic scenarios I was satirising. I dunno why you imagine I'd read a post of yours and cast you as hysterical anyway, for goodness sake.

lets be honest here

this so called law is nothing but an attack on protestantism.

the catholic taliban are over the moon with this.

even rhebel rosie admits this is a defense of catholics.

when was it ever illegal to say or sing something,which only needs 1 complaint for the police to arrest you.

no surrender to this law

lets be honest here

this so called law is nothing but an attack on protestantism.

the catholic taliban are over the moon with this.

even rhebel rosie admits this is a defense of catholics.

when was it ever illegal to say or sing something,which only needs 1 complaint for the police to arrest you.

no surrender to this law

Fuck protestantism too. (tu)

Guest Andypendek

I'll have a quick reread of your post, but I doubt it will contain the comparisons to Nazi Germany, the claims of police state type tactics, and Apocalyptic scenarios I was satirising. I dunno why you imagine I'd read a post of yours and cast you as hysterical anyway, for goodness sake.

Took a while, but there's this:

this Orwellian nightmare

Gotcha!!

(for the avoidance of doubt, this is not a serious post)

This Orvillian nightmare

Andy, it is hardly hysterical to refer to the bill as an Orvillian nightmare...!

I mean: Orville is a green duckling who wears nothing but a nappy with a large safety pin on the front. He speaks with a falsetto voice.

FFS. This Sectarianism Bill is as Orvillian as politics gets.

if you follow snp rules

you will be romes tool

I see what you did there............you sly fox you.

Secularism is the way forward. Religion just holds mankind back. Well, religion and women.

This rebel-loving pot-fucking-ugly harlot's 'previous' should have forever barred her from such a position in politics - thus, anything she says can be discounted as the work of an evil-bitch-slut-harlot-cow-slag (delete as appropriate, or not) who hates the Queen, Britain, Protestantism and Rangers FC - not necessarily in that order.

Fuck her!! :angry:

I think it will be most interesting to see the first attempts at "stated cases" on the singing of "Rule Brittania" - my goodness Last Night At The Proms will never be the same again!

As for "Aggressive Blessing!". I would pay money to see a cop giving evidence in court on that one especially if there are several defence lawyers asking for a demonstration of the "hand signals!"

Roseanne Cunningham did look out of her depth when questioned on these issues.

My Brother in Law is a member of the legal team at the Scottish Parliament who is charged with constructing this new legislation. Family get togethers will be eventful in the near future!