In Defence of the Sectarianism Bill

Guest Andypendek

Whats Orville the duck and The Scottish Nazi Party got in common?

Answer: They don't like Der Fuehrer's Face.

Note: Der Fuehrer's Face is a 1942 animated cartoon by the Walt Disney Studios, starring Donald Duck. It was directed by Jack Kinney and released on January 1, 1942 as an anti-Nazi propaganda movie for the American war effort. Orville didn't like ducks being involved with anti-Nazi propaganda.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post - points well made and I said something similar (albeit with more brevity :pipe: ) on another thread - in that I dont see this bill affecting, nor spoiling, nor doing anything untoward against me in my enjoyment of supporting and watching football or supporting Rangers.

They only think it wont affect them we are all biggoted Rabid Far Right Wing Protestant Unionists now, and it will affect every one who walks in to Ibrox .

Trust me this is just the start .

It is the begining of the end for Protestantism and Uionism in this backwater and they wish to take us back to the dark ages with their Ethos and, they are here to stay as they have got what they wanted .Self serving Parasites...

Follow Follow God save the Queen.

What you are witnessing is probably the final nail in the coffin for Scottish Football.

The vast majority of fans attend football to watch their team, abuse the opposition, abuse and taunt rival fans then go home after it and go back to normality.

Football is a tribal game appealing to the tribal instinct in most of us. It's why football is the number 1 sport in Scotland and not Tennis or croquet.

Take away the edge to football and you will lose an entire generation of fans who are simply fed up and disillusioned with the entire package.

High ticket prices

Ridiculous anti sectarian laws

Draconian stewarding and Policing.

Sit down and shut up mentality

Poor product

Treated like lepers and parasites

Put it all together and it's easy to see why many have drifted away from the game and will never return.

Is it a mere co-incidence that in Germany they have a game that is flourishing with some of the highest average attendances in Europe because they do the exact opposite of all of the above.

Cheap ticket prices

No anti sectarian laws

No draconian policing and stewarding

Standing areas for those who wish them

Great product

Fans treated like roylaty

Want to rep this, none left though. what you have said is bang on the money!

I'll probably only go to Ibrox this season for the Celtic games. I got thrown out last year for not sitting down with the stewards trying to get a copper to arrest me for it, and then it nearly happened again for using the word fenian in a song. Away games only for me at the moment, as like you, I can only see it getting worse.

I can hardly blame you ... football has lost the plot unfortunately :anguish:

Good post - points well made and I said something similar (albeit with more brevity :pipe: ) on another thread - in that I dont see this bill affecting, nor spoiling, nor doing anything untoward against me in my enjoyment of supporting and watching football or supporting Rangers.

That's a cunt of a thing to say. You'll be able to sit there and watch, say, fellow supporters lifted for singing the national anthem and that wont bother you in the slightest?

It'll fucking bother you a lot if you're the one lifted in a case of mistaken identity. Karma can be the most unfortunate of bitches.

That's a cunt of a thing to say. You'll be able to sit there and watch, say, fellow supporters lifted for singing the national anthem and that wont bother you in the slightest?

It'll fucking bother you a lot if you're the one lifted in a case of mistaken identity. Karma can be the most unfortunate of bitches.

No one will get lifted for singing the National Anthem unless its accompanied by absolute loutish behavior - I dont do loutish so it will NOT affect me, even when I am belting out the National Anthem at the end of the match or at a Forces Day Parade. The Only people that will get in bother through this legislation are those idiots that would get into bother anyway as they dont know how to behave or act in a civilised manner. If you want to defend them then go ahead.

No one will get lifted for singing the National Anthem unless its accompanied by absolute loutish behavior - I dont do loutish so it will NOT affect me, even when I am belting out the National Anthem at the end of the match or at a Forces Day Parade. The Only people that will get in bother through this legislation are those idiots that would get into bother anyway as they dont know how to behave or act in a civilised manner. If you want to defend them then go ahead.

No one has ever been caught up in a melee that had nothing to do with them and then been arrested. It's never happened. That's right, isn't it?

And whilst you're prepared to pre-judge the circumstances (let alone a motivated police) I don't want people arrested for acts that should never be criminal offences.

That impacts on us all - you included.

PS: that 'loutish behaviour' you used to qualify circumstance might not be needed. Cunnigham is on record as stating a complaint of offence to the Police will require them to respond.

No one has ever been caught up in a melee that had nothing to do with them and then been arrested. It's never happened. That's right, isn't it?

And whilst you're prepared to pre-judge the circumstances (let alone a motivated police) I don't want people arrested for acts that should never be criminal offences.

That impacts on us all - you included.

PS: that 'loutish behaviour' you used to qualify circumstance might not be needed. Cunnigham is on record as stating a complaint of offence to the Police will require them to respond.

Your arguement is vacuous - if there is going to be a wrongful arrest that will happen despite these laws. (Mind you the prisions are full of inoccent people!! :pipe: ). If you dont act like a lout then these laws will not be an issue to you one way or another.

Your arguement is vacuous - if there is going to be a wrongful arrest that will happen despite these laws. (Mind you the prisions are full of inoccent people!! :pipe: ). If you dont act like a lout then these laws will not be an issue to you one way or another.

Do you celebrate A Rangers goal?

Your arguement is vacuous. If you dont act like a lout then these laws will not be an issue to you one way or another.

These laws are designed to impinge on our freedoms. And they will. That will probably never trouble you, but it is a cause for genuine concern for anyone concerned with the relationship between liberty, the right to dissent and the right to do that on terms not prescribed by those who think they know better.

I'm still laughing at the vacuous comment - patently ridiculous as it was. It would be more accurate (and certainly more honest) if you stated you do not understand.

Do you celebrate A Rangers goal?

LOL PLEASE dont tell me you are going to try some argument that celebrating a goal is either loutish or going to get me arrested under these new laws. NO, on second thoughts PLEASE tell me where you are going with this??

Yes I celebrate when Rangers score, when Edo scored in the 93rd min to beat Celtic I jamp about like a kangaroo on speed! Now take it away and let's see where that gowes?

These laws are designed to impinge on our freedoms. And they will. That will probably never trouble you, but it is a cause for genuine concern for anyone concerned with the relationship between liberty, the right to dissent and the right to do that on terms not prescribed by those who think they know better.

I'm still laughing at the vacuous comment - patently ridiculous as it was. It would be more accurate (and certainly more honest) if you stated you do not understand.

Your right these laws wont trouble me because in order to get 'done' under these laws you have to be doing something harmful anyway, and that is just not in my nature. These are laws of aggrivation in the main and as I said - dont act like a lout they are not an issue - act like a lout and aggrivate the loutish behaviour with bigotry then you deserve all you get.

Isn't that loutish behaviour probably already illegal anyway?

LOL PLEASE dont tell me you are going to try some argument that celebrating a goal is either loutish or going to get me arrested under these new laws. NO, on second thoughts PLEASE tell me where you are going with this??

Yes I celebrate when Rangers score, when Edo scored in the 93rd min to beat Celtic I jamp about like a kangaroo on speed! Now take it away and let's see where that gowes?

It goes nowhere other than mere speculation that stewards and police who don't like us could use this as an "excuse" to arrest us for acting provocatively when celebrating a goal.

Who is to say that in the heat of the moment you or I don't jump up and shout out "Get it right up ye" or words to that effect.Nothing sweary nothing offensive but is it simply a fan celebrating a goal or is it someone deliberately and provocatively winding up a Celtic fan?

That is how ludicrous these potential new laws are and why they must be challenged continuously.

You may not agree but that is the potential this new bill has to be exploited by people with the wrong intentions.

It goes nowhere other than mere speculation that stewards and police who don't like us could use this as an "excuse" to arrest us for acting provocatively when celebrating a goal.

Who is to say that in the heat of the moment you or I don't jump up and shout out "Get it right up ye" or words to that effect.Nothing sweary nothing offensive but is it simply a fan celebrating a goal or is it someone deliberately and provocatively winding up a Celtic fan?

That is how ludicrous these potential new laws are and why they must be challenged continuously.

You may not agree but that is the potential this new bill has to be exploited by people with the wrong intentions.

The politicians are always talking about the "intentions" of these laws, as if that means anything when an overzealous policeman decides to interpret them as they are written.

Your right these laws wont trouble me because in order to get 'done' under these laws you have to be doing something harmful anyway, and that is just not in my nature. These are laws of aggrivation in the main and as I said - dont act like a lout they are not an issue - act like a lout and aggrivate the loutish behaviour with bigotry then you deserve all you get.

Oh - there'll be different rules for you then? Perhaps you missed Cunningham's thoughts on what might trigger Police actions.

And lest you missed the point - dissent is a right that you cast aside at your peril. If it doesn't matter to you, it certainly matters a lot to me.

The politicians are always talking about the "intentions" of these laws, as if that means anything when an overzealous policeman decides to interpret them as they are written.

And it was the arresting officers INTERPRETATION of this new law that the defendant was provoking the opposition with his wild celebrations.

And it was the arresting officers INTERPRETATION of this new law that the defendant was provoking the opposition with his wild celebrations.

And the officers wouldn't be inclined to make that interpretation I'm sure.

Who is to say that in the heat of the moment you or I don't jump up and shout out "Get it right up ye" or words to that effect

Whilst you shout 'get it right up ye', BP9 will adjusting his cap, waving his rattle and crying 'Jolly good show!'

When you get arrested, BP9 will smile contendly knowing you bloody well deserved it because of the hate-filled expression on your face as you shouted.

I was at Hampden 2 years ago or so (LCF) - a 'lout' (but one of us!!) 2 rows in front on me started acting like an idiot at half time. Jumping up and down the stairs, stopping folk going for a pish, gets told by the crowd to get out of the way - so he starts jumping on the seats instead - copper tells him to calm down and sit down. "Fuck off piggy" says our lout, " I'll do what I want". Again in a calm voice the copper says "look son, calm down before you either hurt someone or cause some damage and I would need to arrest you and we dont want that" Our bold lot responds with this great rejoinder "Oink Oink, Listen to the piggy squeal" and jumps harder up and down on the seat, which cracks in two. Cop arrests him! Deserves all he got IMHO and it is only nutters like this that are likley to be affected by this new law. It wont be me or you jumping up and down (but not on the seats) when we score our next 93rd minute winner against them!