McCoist quiet on Smith

Since the appointment of Gordon Smith as Director of football. I may be wrong but Ally has not come out and publicly backed the appointment. So do you think he feels undermined by this appointment. I like Smith but I feel that Ally is very single minded and determined and will not put up with any interference in team affairs and rightly so. My gut feeling is that Ally doesnt approve of this but I know he will put Rangers 1st regardless of any personal grievences. TLB was in the same position last season when the scum board appointed Stuart Baxter and ended up with egg on their faces because he was refused by TLB and wasnt released by the his current employers.

Your thoughts welcomed !

Since the appointment of Gordon Smith as Director of football. I may be wrong but Ally has not come out and publicly backed the appointment. So do you think he feels undermined by this appointment. I like Smith but I feel that Ally is very single minded and determined and will not put up with any interference in team affairs and rightly so. My gut feeling is that Ally doesnt approve of this but I know he will put Rangers 1st regardless of any personal grievences. TLB was in the same position last season when the scum board appointed Stuart Baxter and ended up with egg on their faces because he was refused by TLB and wasnt released by the his current employers.

Your thoughts welcomed !

ally and gordon will make a good team.about time we had some good rangers men on board

Your thoughts welcomed !

He is in Portugal, but the "rumours" are he is friendly with GS and i dont think for a minute the role is anything like what Stuart Baxter was coming in as to be honest (tu)

Not for 1 minute do I believe Smith was appointed without Whyte consulting Ally.If he had any objections he would have voiced them.I really believe that Smith is an excellent appointment.It will completely free up Ally to concentrate on team matters and coaching.Smith is no threat to Ally as he has shown no desire to be a Coach and neither is he ever likely to manage Rangers in the event that McCoist was not a success.

Smith's role is not to oversee McCoist but to be based at Auchenhowie and evaluate the entire footballing set up.

McCoist will still identify the players he wants and will have complete control over 1st team affairs.

The more Rangers men on board the better.

People forget Smith's many skills and experience which extends far beyond picking players. Being an ex agent he can advise Whyte on how negotiations are conducted. Being ex head of the SFA he has his finger on the pulse in terms of how the "system" works and who can and can't be trusted in the SFA etc.

Smith's role is not to oversee McCoist but to be based at Auchenhowie and evaluate the entire footballing set up.

McCoist will still identify the players he wants and will have complete control over 1st team affairs.

People forget Smith's many skills and experience which extends far beyond picking players. Being an ex agent he can advise Whyte on how negotiations are conducted. Being ex head of the SFA he has his finger on the pulse in terms of how the "system" works and who can and can't be trusted in the SFA etc.

should be interesting

Your thoughts welcomed !

Should he come out and say how much he lovea everyone?

Lets hope all the shite he spoited for years about Scottish football should do "this and that and youth and blah blah" wasnt all just jabbering.

The man has a position now, unlike the puppet post the SFA likes to call "Chief Executive"(in other words execute the legislation of the board),where I would like to think no-one's blocking progressive thinking because it hurts their bonus'.

I would like think so anyway.

Your thoughts welcomed !

FFS, get a life and stop looking for problems, Whyte appointed Smith, Ally runs the team, whether Ally approves or not, it has nothing to do with him, you'll be saying he doesn't like the new tea lady next.

Always had time for Gordon Smith. Super will have been clearly involved here. Of course I don't know, but it would be inconceivable to start off as The Rangers manager having an appointment like that without his involvement.

On to Whyte for a sec. Really, really like his style. He's no mug. This appointment would have done in the right way imho.

Cheers,

(tu)

Agree with all that that's what makes it a very good appointment.

Your thoughts welcomed !

McCoist must be feeling very vulnerable just now as he has lost two allies in Bain And Walter who were instrumental in him getting the job, he is now working for a board that didnt appoint him and who must have their own ideas on who should have the job. McCoist will see the appointment of G Smith as a plus point as he now has a someone he knows, trusts and feels will look out for him.

I personally think its a fantastic appointment.

As an earlier poster said he basically knows football inside out, player,assistant manager with St Mirren 1990-93, football agent(represented Kenny Miller & Paul Lambert, football pundit in newspapers Tv & Radio, SFA Chief Executive for over three years until Sept 2010.

Now we have been given some sort of insight into C.Whyte & the fact it looks like he aint taking no shite, I have a feeling Mr G. Smith will evolve into a key member of Team Rangers, probably ending up a board member.

His knowledge of the inner sanctum of the SFA will Im sure prove to be a great bit of business.

FFS, get a life and stop looking for problems, Whyte appointed Smith, Ally runs the team, whether Ally approves or not, it has nothing to do with him, you'll be saying he doesn't like the new tea lady next.

Excuse me for expressing my opinion on an open forum for Rangers supporters. I think the topic is a valid one and I was happy with the response I got from a few early posters who explained to me that McCoist was on holiday. Explaination received in the same spirit is was asked. Not looking for problems but was curious not to see Ally publicly backing the appointment considering he has been quite vocal and up front with all matters thus far.

McCoist must be feeling very vulnerable just now as he has lost two allies in Bain And Walter who were instrumental in him getting the job, he is now working for a board that didnt appoint him and who must have their own ideas on who should have the job. McCoist will see the appointment of G Smith as a plus point as he now has a someone he knows, trusts and feels will look out for him.

Nail on head !