Bougherra

As it looks more and more likely that Bougherra will be leaving soon - I think its fair to say that he has received a lot of critism amongst us Gers fans.

For me its just not right.

Football is not what it used to be - certainly we dont see too many testimonials these days as its very rare that players have a one team career.

I dont mean to lecture - its just that I feel sometimes people need reminded.

The simple fact is that Bougherra has been fucking brilliant for us.

3 years - 3 titles - and a shit load of memories.

Should we really scorn him and throw the 'get tae fucks' at him?

Or should we not simply be gracious and wish him all the best?

For me its the latter.

So if this is the year that he goes then so be it - I say thank you and I wish him all the best.

Bougherra memories

if any above average foriegner gives us 3 yrs then we have won a watch. its obvs we are a stepping stone to the big time for players now and loyalty doesnt even come in to the equation.

i for 1 will wish him all the best when he leaves and thank him for his service.

I shall thank him

Doesn't stop people being frustrated at him working his ticket every yr and " losing his passport " more than he lost a striker in the box

You know all he did is state that he wanted to play in the epl again etc - so has Jelavic.

I agree with the passport thing though ;)

You know all he did is state that he wanted to play in the epl again etc - so has Jelavic.

There was just so much of it though

Every yr he would work his ticket saying to the French and African media

But to us back home he would say the opposite

The only reason he isn't away is nobody thinks he's as good as he does himself

He says he wants a team playing CL football

No chance

the confusing thing for me is most of the ppl who are slaggin boogie are also calling cuellar "king carlos", yet he stated his love for rangers and how he wouldnt be leaving then at the first oppertunity he was off.

for the record i like cuellar.

the confusing thing for me is most of the ppl who are slaggin boogie are also calling cuellar "king carlos", yet he stated his love for rangers and how he wouldnt be leaving then at the first oppertunity he was off.

Very true

I like boogie more than cuellar btw

I will say thanks when his future is sorted out one way or another.

This, I can understand his desire to play at a better level, but what I can't be arsed with is the stories every 3 months with him either talking about a move or stating that he won't leave, as if we should all be grateful that he's doing us a favour. Just want it decided one way or another, but would really rather that we just got some money for him this summer, rather than letting him go for nothing next summer

Carlos was forced out of rangers by SDM

Gtf Boogie over Cuellar?

Cuellar is twice the defender Bougherra is.

I liked Bougherra he has been fantastic, but I dont want a player at the club I love who will gladly state his desire to leave. The only reason he is here it is because a WBA or Swansea hasnt been in for him. As soon as they are he will be away. Anybody sayin otherwise is deluded.

Anybody who shows that lack of ambition is not fit enough to wear the jersey. Cuellar only left to fulfil his international career, Boughy is leaving for money.

So thanks for the good games while you where actually on the pitch. Everything else reeks of selfishness.

Here before you, certainly here after you.

Carlos was forced out of rangers by SDM

fs every player who has been sold in the last 4 yrs has been said to have been forced out. its bullshit.

if you have a contract you cant be forced to go anywhere. FACT!!

some may have been encouraged to go with a sweetner but the only 1 i believe that about is alan hutton.

I dont think he's ever kept his desire to play in EPL a secret and good luck to him if he'd rather go to a mid table EPL team than stay with the Gers and win shit.

with this desire in mind I dont think he has ever really turned out for us and given less than 100%

I agree that if and when he does leave, he'll do so with my best wishes and I'll say thanks for the time you were here, all the best for the future.

(but you'll regret leaving us when you're fighting relegation and we are flying to Italy to play in the CL ya fucken tosser!!)

Gtf Boogie over Cuellar?

Cuellar is twice the defender Bougherra is.

I liked Bougherra he has been fantastic, but I dont want a player at the club I love who will gladly state his desire to leave. The only reason he is here it is because a WBA or Swansea hasnt been in for him. As soon as they are he will be away. Anybody sayin otherwise is deluded.

Anybody who shows that lack of ambition is not fit enough to wear the jersey. Cuellar only left to fulfil his international career, Boughy is leaving for money.

So thanks for the good games while you where actually on the pitch. Everything else reeks of selfishness.

Here before you, certainly here after you.

he never fulfilled it though, think he was just saying that as a reason so he didnt leave a bad guy.

You know we are a forum full of newspaper haters - we forever berate and scorn whats printed in them and yet we use whats printed in them against our own...ironic dont ya think?

Someone mentioned algerian/french newspapers - how often has something been lost in translation or misquoted.

Whenever I have heard Boogie talk he has been nothing but gracious and respectful and I think an earlier poster said it best when he said on the pitch Boogie has never given anything but 100%.

Good thread, much better than the "Bougherra GTF" embarrassment.

The big man has been superb.

Three seasons, three titles. Can't ask for much more.

(I am not suggesting that Bougherra is solely responsible for 3IAR)