Craig Whyte Says Don't Panic About Tranfers

Broxi1872

CRAIG WHYTE has urged Rangers fans not to panic after boss Ally McCoist missed out on another summer target.

Just three days after Israeli striker Tomer Hemed opted for a move to Real Mallorca, Scotland star Craig Conway stunned Gers by agreeing a three-year deal with Cardiff City.

The out-of-contract midfielder held initial talks with Gers gaffer McCoist last week.

No offer was ever tabled by the SPL champions and Conway sealed his move to the Championship last night.

Whyte, however, has reassured worried Gers supporters that he is working hard on at least SIX summer transfers.

Whyte said: "It is very important for us and the fans not to panic. We would like to get players in but we must get it right.

"We will pursue the targets that Ally has identified and then hopefully will get some deals concluded.

"I think five or six new players is the number we have been talking about.

"I think that is what Rangers need."

Whyte confirmed that Gers have approached Aston Villa with a view to bringing Carlos Cuellar back to Ibrox.

New Villa boss Alex McLeish does not want to sell the Spaniard, but could be tempted if Gers throw keeper Allan McGregor into any potential deal, though that looks unlikely.

Whyte hopes to hand McGregor, full back Steven Whittaker and midfielder Steven Davis new deals and said: "I've said that Allan McGregor is not for sale.

"We have made a bid for Carlos, but with the managerial change there it has slowed a little.

"We've made a very generous offer to Whittaker and I am scheduled to meet with the agent for Steven Davis over the next few days."

Whyte insists he will not be held to ransom as boss McCoist moulds his new look squad.

That means Dundee United will have to LOWER their asking price for striker David Goodwillie.

Whyte insisted: "I think for that player a price of £2million is too steep.

"I am sure there are more conversations to be had with Dundee United about it."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3651418/Whyte-tells-Rangers-not-to-panic.html

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Less talk

More action

I'll happily wait for the right men and glad we aren't panic buying

Just keep your mouths shut and parade the players and stop us looking like pricks across the UK

£2m is a reasonable amount of money for a talented 22 year old, who is a proven SPL goalscorer and is only going to get better.

If we don't act quickly then we will lose out on him.

tbf you wouldnt agree goodwillies if worth 2mill if your hoping to get him for 1.5mill.

if he had agreed goodwillie was worth 2mill in the papers then he wouldnt be able to try and get a better deal for us. imo if you went to united and said 1.5mill cash upfront right now for goodwillie they would bite your hand off.

Goodwillie is NOT Rangers class

End of

someone at rangers obviously thinks he is...

just not 2M class :craphead:

tbf you wouldnt agree goodwillies if worth 2mill if your hoping to get him for 1.5mill.

if he had agreed goodwillie was worth 2mill in the papers then he wouldnt be able to try and get a better deal for us. imo if you went to united and said 1.5mill cash upfront right now for goodwillie they would bite your hand off.

Can see us trying a "if he plays so many games" type deal to sweeten it up from 1.5 to 2.

but on past experience rangers have benched good players because of this and just hope these days are gone.

and as said before, there is probably a champ side willing to pay the 2M cash, up front and thats us out the equation

I agree we should not be held to ransom by sub-standard bosmans or greedy chairman. Sometimes we will have to pay bigger wages for players that will improve the first team and I'm sure Mr Whyte would have no problem in doing so. Conway has shown that money motivates him and he is not the sort of player I want to see at Rangers, especially considering he has very limited ability. I'm sure all those who are moaning about missing out on Hemed and Conway are forgetting that it's signing players like this on big contracts that helped towards our financial troubles in the first place. I for one still want to have a team to watch in 20 years time. Good to see Mr Whyte and Ally not feeling forced into a signing to appease the fans. I'm sure the quality will come and at the right price. Good to see us running a tight ship and long may it continue.

I disagree with him completely about Goodwillie and seriously hope this isn't the start of another regime of penny pinching

If we don't pay £2 million for Goodwillie, someone else will. That's a certainty.

Deffinitly the case get him snapped up, but I don't mind Mr whyte testing the water with his offers. Dundee Utd are in a similar position to what we were in and need to slash their wage bill and get some money in the coughers. I think Whyte knows this and is just pushing for our club to get a better deal. Time will tell, but I get the feeling he already knows what he is doing, seems like a shrewd business man to me.

I agree we should not be held to ransom by sub-standard bosmans or greedy chairman. Sometimes we will have to pay bigger wages for players that will improve the first team and I'm sure Mr Whyte would have no problem in doing so. Conway has shown that money motivates him and he is not the sort of player I want to see at Rangers, especially considering he has very limited ability. I'm sure all those who are moaning about missing out on Hemed and Conway are forgetting that it's signing players like this on big contracts that helped towards our financial troubles in the first place. I for one still want to have a team to watch in 20 years time. Good to see Mr Whyte and Ally not feeling forced into a signing to appease the fans. I'm sure the quality will come and at the right price. Good to see us running a tight ship and long may it continue.

this