Shocking Journalism By The Scotsman.

Loan Ranger

Last night a Rangers spokesman said: "The reason this fixture has been cancelled cannot reasonably have anything to do with Rangers or our supporters.

"The suggestion that a game should be cancelled on the off chance of a small number of supporters being in the same town a day later does not make any sense."

That's good to see though, someone actually defending the club (tu)

I don't understand the article.

At the bottom it says "Cumbria Police yesterday said they had not been responsible for the game being cancelled."

So an admission that the entire story is bollocks. But they ran it anyway.

Who wrote it? Does it have a name attached?

Alan Carson - and I don't see the problem with that, as all it appears to be is a report on a statement from the Carlisle MD. And he had the good sense to publish the rebuttal from The Rangers.

It would be interesting to learn who had a quiet word with him about the potentially devastating effects of coming across travelling bears mind you. That, to me, was hysterical.

So they expect people to, instead of travelling up the road home, stop off in Carlisle because there might be some Celtic fans there?

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

'Here mate, been a crackin day, want tae stop off in Carlisle and leather some tims?'

So they expect people to, instead of travelling up the road home, stop off in Carlisle because there might be some Celtic fans there?

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

'Here mate, been a crackin day, want tae stop off in Carlisle and leather some tims?'

A great way to round the day off though. :D