Manchester United

Amac9

Am I the only one who thinks that they will continue to dominate the Premiserhip for the foreseeable future?

Arsenal don't have what it takes to win the Premiership and although they will get stronger they still don't have that winning mentality and know how to get the job done. They will no doubt be in contention, and probably beat Man Utd at least once, but come the business end of the season they will falter as they usually do.

Chelsea are in need of a rebuilding job over the next couple of years and while they have the money to do it do they have the manager who will be able to get them together and make them a major force in the Premiership and Champions League? Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda, Nicolas Anelka are all in their 30's and don't have many years left in them. They are all major players for Chelsea and replacing them will be extremely difficult.

Man City will be the ones who really start pushing Man Utd IMO. They have the resources and are closing in on them every year but I still don't see them winning the Premiership.

Liverpool are gradually getting their way back up to the top 4. They have signed some good players and with more money promised they should be pushing for a place in the top 4 but they too will not be winning the title anytime soon.

That leaves Man Utd. If you look at their squad they are a few players away from having a team that will still be together in 5 years time. Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Anderson, Nani, Antonio Valencia, Fabio, Rafael, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Ashley Young are all reasonably young and will make up the Man Utd team of the future as well as the present. Throw in the older heads like Patrice Evra, Ryan Giggs, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdianand, Michael Carrick... and Man Utd have a really good mix there.

I'm prediciting Man Utd to win the title again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

half the new man utd will not have a winning mentality either <cr> Chelsea may be in their 30's but still good enough to challenge and Arsenal will challenge as they always do , Man utd ave to replace their keeper who in turn has to get used to his new back four who in turn have to get used to playing with each other ....

Am I the only one who thinks that they will continue to dominate the Premiserhip for the foreseeable future?

Arsenal don't have what it takes to win the Premiership and although they will get stronger they still don't have that winning mentality and know how to get the job done. They will no doubt be in contention, and probably beat Man Utd at least once, but come the business end of the season they will falter as they usually do.

Chelsea are in need of a rebuilding job over the next couple of years and while they have the money to do it do they have the manager who will be able to get them together and make them a major force in the Premiership and Champions League? Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda, Nicolas Anelka are all in their 30's and don't have many years left in them. They are all major players for Chelsea and replacing them will be extremely difficult.

Man City will be the ones who really start pushing Man Utd IMO. They have the resources and are closing in on them every year but I still don't see them winning the Premiership.

Liverpool are gradually getting their way back up to the top 4. They have signed some good players and with more money promised they should be pushing for a place in the top 4 but they too will not be winning the title anytime soon.

That leaves Man Utd. If you look at their squad they are a few players away from having a team that will still be together in 5 years time. Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Anderson, Nani, Antonio Valencia, Fabio, Rafael, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Ashley Young are all reasonably young and will make up the Man Utd team of the future as well as the present. Throw in the older heads like Patrice Evra, Ryan Giggs, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdianand, Michael Carrick... and Man Utd have a really good mix there.

I'm prediciting Man Utd to win the title again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

Disagree regarding Liverpool. The only player who could be seen as value for money is Suarez (maybe)

Singing Carrol for £35m and Henderson for £20m is 2 of the craziest signings I can think of

The cant have that much more money to spend this summer surely?

p.s. If they sign Ki for £10m they should get deducted points and relegated to League 2

I can see chelsea puting up a strong challenge under the new manager , A couple of quality players to boost their squad , their defense was solid enough last season . I can see drogba going and someone coming in to compliment torres who i see finding his form again plus a top class playmaker (moutinho's mentioned) or kaka maybe . Man city will no doubt go mental in the transfer market again and bring in some world class players so imo they'l be close too . Arsenal , Liverpool and spurs fighting for forth

Not picking on you here Dougie just see this type of thing regularly on here.

Why do people constantly use the words 'our' and 'us' etc when talking about the likes of Chelsea.

Really annoys me because I'm of the thinking you can only support and love one club, yet people act like they support Chelsea and other teams on here. Can't wait attend the Chelsea match and see all the supposedly Rangers fans come out in the Chelsea top. :disappointment:

I was just about to say that.

I hate when Rangers fans say 'our' about any other team, feels weird.

Chelsea or maybe an Arsenal when they get shot of Wenger and his duds.

The longer SAF can't win any more CL titles, the more he'll take his eye off the ball in the EPL.

I completely understand where your coming from - Man Utd basically won the league by default this years, simply because no other team could put up a serious/consistent challenge.

Having said that, I am actually expecting Man Utd to decline in the next 3-4 years which will pave the way for Chelsea, Man City and maybe Arsenal to rise to the top again.

Their main problem is that financially they can't compete for the top players, hence why they have to sign youngsters with potential or players like Ashley Young because the truth is they would be priced out of a truly world class player by City, Chelsea, Real Madrid...

They have managed to get by on team-spirit, experience, consistency, know-how this season and maybe that will be enough next season but I actually think we will see some serious change at the top of the EPL in short to medium term.

I think Man Utd and Chelsea will be completely neck and neck but,despite what anyone says Man City, Arsenal and to a lesser extent, Liverpool are completely capable of a title challenge.

The simple fact is Man Utd and Chelsea have declined and title race is open for anyone of a number of teams who can find the consistency to step up.

I don't think United will be declining any time soon. De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Hernandez, Cleverley and the Da Silva twins are all young and promising. Fuck, even Rooney, Nani, Valencia and Young are all mid 20's.

When Fergie leaves and the new manager is left with the shite Ferguson somehow moulds into a Premiership winning team each season I think that's when Man United will fall.

Chelsea, Man City with Arsenal about 30 points behind them will be United's closes challengers.