The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

The bid will probably be around the £1m mark I've heard that number mentioned by a few journalists since January. Wallace will probably be Sasa's long term replacement as someone said before.

Also, no one is considering that Papac could be moved in to the CB position again. Papac is a CB who can also play LB.

A better option than Foster

Foster is a right back, Lee Wallace plays on the left. Lee Wallace will cost a hell of a lot more than Foster would. Wallace has struggled with injuries, Foster hasn't.

They do have one thing in commom - they are both not good enough for The Rangers. Lee Wallace is decent going forward, although his final ball is shocking and he's poor defensively.

The bid will probably be around the £1m mark I've heard that number mentioned by a few journalists since January. Wallace will probably be Sasa's long term replacement as someone said before.

Also, no one is considering that Papac could be moved in to the CB position again. Papac is a CB who can also play LB.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13875645.stm

Hearts have confirmed that they have received a bid from Rangers for Scotland full-back Lee Wallace.

The 23-year-old has been at Tynecastle since 2004, has made 140 appearances for the club and was vice-captain to Marius Zaliukas last season.

Wallace, who has been capped five times for Scotland, has 12 months left on his deal at Tynecastle.

An Ibrox source also confirmed that Wallace is a player in which they are interested.

You are correct with the latter point.

However my original point was that we could sign Dixon for a smaller transfer fee and smaller wages. Hearts have more power to demand more money than Dundee United.

There demanding 2million for goodwillie, whats to stop them demanding that for dixon. They don't want to sell any of there players to Rangers, so they want more money, and the way Rangers have been going about the transfer market, they won't pay it.

Got to admit though...it's good to see we are looking at expanding the defence and putting bids in for players, First Cuellar and now Wallace. (tu)

Because we simply must!

Hes a good young scottish player, Ild rate him better than Wilson and to be fair hes done a good job for them.

The boys only 23 also so room for improvement.

Im also happy we are continuing to go for Scottish players - having the Scottish spine is what has won us the the last 3 titles imo.

Wallace is a decent player, although does this mean that there are concerns over Whittaker signing a new deal and possibly moving over to kebab-land?

Wallace is a solid defender with good experience for his age. Certinly the type of player who will get better with us.

Depending on how much were planning on spending feel it may be a good signing as cover for Papac. Wallace as a player a dont think is quite the finished article but playing with better players he may improve just like whittaker has since he signed from Hibs.

Hes a good young scottish player, Ild rate him better than Wilson and to be fair hes done a good job for them.

The boys only 23 also so room for improvement.

Im also happy we are continuing to go for Scottish players - having the Scottish spine is what has won us the the last 3 titles imo.

There are certainly a handfull of scottish players out there and wallace is one for sure, not long ago i thought he was gonna be a really good player and although he has had injuries of late there is nothing to suggest he cant regain where he was and improve further in the team, i like yourself like to see scottish players in and young ones, wallacd will be good at the rangers im sure of that and people shouldnt write him off for the sole reason he plays in the spl, is scottish and had some injuries, yes fae me

Wallace is a decent player, although does this mean that there are concerns over Whittaker signing a new deal and possibly moving over to kebab-land?

Wallace is a solid defender with good experience for his age. Certinly the type of player who will get better with us.

Lee Wallace plays on the left of defence!