The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

I admire our attitude of being prudent financially and then we go and dish out £1.5 Million for Wallace who has less than a year on his contract? We were only willing to pay £400,000 for Miller? Seems inconsistent to me. Wallace is a decent player though, good long term replacement for Papac 00000042.gif

Rangers bid accepted for Lee Wallace

The Hearts defender is in Glasgow for signing talks after the Tynecastle club accepted a bid from Rangers.

Rangers have had a bid of around £1.5 million accepted by Hearts for Lee Wallace, STV can reveal.

The Ibrox club failed with two previous offers for Wallace this summer, with bids understood to be in the region of £300,000 and then £1 million rejected.

But, after an improved offer was accepted on Thursday morning, Wallace is this afternoon discussing personal terms with the SPL champions.

Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas had indicated he would open talks with the 23-year-old over a new contract to keep him in Edinburgh, although manager Jim Jefferies conceded an offer which made economic sense to Hearts would likely see the player leave.

Wallace is in the last year of his existing deal at Tynecastle and was absent from training at the club’s Riccarton base on Thursday, as he prepared to head to Glasgow.

Having made his debut for Hearts in 2005, Wallace has gone on to make 160 appearances for the club and has also won five caps for Scotland.

Rangers have until 11pm on Thursday night to register players for their Champions League third qualifying round match against Malmo FF, although one additional player can be added to the squad list up until 24 hours before the first leg.

STV Website

No?

Quite literally Papac's biggest fan (ask Fishtank :D !) but there's nothing like a bit of healthy competition for places.

Papac is only on a years deal. Its taken Whitt / Naisy / Laff 2/3 years to settle into our side. We are building a squad for the future, building a team for the future while currently winning 3 titles in a row and making a no bad effort of it in Europe.

Just because we sign a full back doesnt mean he with automatically replace Papac, we are building a squad.

picked you up wrong mate.

when you said about the back 4 you did not mention papac, so i figured you were just putting wallace str8 into the team.

my bad (tu)

well done to the guy who told us about this, wallace's best mate got phoned by him or whatever it was, STV and stuff saying it now :clap::lol:

Credit where it's due!

Still not happy though with that fee :disappointment:

£1.5 million for a LB, a position we dont need to spend money, who only has a year left on his contract. Jesus fuckin wept.

Do we not sell of our players for peanuts when they only have a year left on their contract, yet were giving Hearts 1.5million for Wallace?

We need a left back why do people keep ignoring this position FFS...Papac has NO competition and he will not be around for much longer. Long term planning is essential!!!

You still laughing at how much people are clutching at straws now? :pipe:

Aye, I included myself in this one!

Some guys mate that he met earlier on the day on a buildng site is a new low for myself :D !

Lighten up FFS.

Calum Booth is a far better prospect.

Long-term there is a good chance you're right. He needs another year or two though.

Wallace is a good left-back, however, and I think he is underestimated by most on here through the fact that he plays for a crap team.

This will be a good signing.

We need a left back why do people keep ignoring this position FFS...Papac has NO competition and he will not be around for much longer. Long term planning is essential!!!

Papac has had no backup for years. It's hardly become a problem this one summer. My bet is that we're planning on playing Wallace on the left wing, Sasa wouldn't have stayed if he wasn't going to be first choice