The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

Hearts wanted £3 million and were getting him for half

Seems like good business to me

£1.5m is still too much though IMO. Actually, it's not that I think it's too much, it's what I'd expect to have to pay if we were wanting him but in terms of other positions we need and how many players we'd want to bring in it's too much.

IMO, going along the basis that cuellar etc haven't signed yet we need, 2 CB, fullback cover, LM, CM and a striker in an ideal world. That's six players and spending £1.5m on Wallace will probably mean we won't get all those.

Last year of contract...can pick him up for a lot less in Jan or get him on pre-contract, yet we have offered £1.5m for him , well at least he will be fresh as he missed a lot of last seasomn through injury.

The Yank playing in Sweden, has it not been said that if they do not take the offer made , we will get him on pre-contract!!

Also 1st bid for Wallace 400k and end up £1.5m Hard to understand that one. Clubs will be looking at us, thinking hmmm they are really desperate now, let's crank this up and dundee utd what will that rodent chairman be thinking now?

I can't believe Rangers are going to fork out that kind of money for a player like Lee Wallace.

There's far better talent out there for the same amount or even much less.

People have been moaning all week that we've been bidding too low and having bids rejected. Now we've had a bid accepted we're bidding too high! :lol:

Well we did have that embarrassing amount of money we were offering for Miller free up. tongue.gif