The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

I quite like Wallace

Everyone seems to be looking for a foreign 'star' but I'm happy with the best that Scotland has to offer so long as they can get better.

We have done well over the years in that regard and Wallace is another who has potential.

He is not quite as good defensively as Sasa but rips him a new one going forward.

Be nice to have the choice so long as price is ok.

If we spent 4m-ish and got Cuellar, Wallace and Goodwillie I'd call it good sound business.

We don't have enough cash to gamble and there is really no need to anyway.

3IAR championship winning team simply needs a few sound additions. These boys will do that and more.

I will say this for Wallace it would help him better if his name was leo wallacinho who was a brizallian playing in the belgian or dutch leauges. He would have a cracking wee youtube compolation made up and everyone on here would be creaming at the thought of it

I can't see Romanov selling Wallace on the cheap to rangers. If anything he'll be looking for 2 mill upwards. I know they have a ready made replacement in grainger but I just can't see Wallace coming to us.

Only 12 months left on his deal.

I know Mad Romanov usually freezes them out at this point but as Wallace has real value he'll take what he can get.

1m would do it imo

Hes a pretty good player and i dont think there is any doubt that he could improve at Rangers and he is still only 23.

We have probably been looking at him since Walters time here and he knew a good defender when he saw one so i will side with the scouts and the managment on this one and say he would be a good addition.

I quite like Wallace

Everyone seems to be looking for a foreign 'star' but I'm happy with the best that Scotland has to offer so long as they can get better.

We have done well over the years in that regard and Wallace is another who has potential.

He is not quite as good defensively as Sasa but rips him a new one going forward.

Be nice to have the choice so long as price is ok.

If we spent 4m-ish and got Cuellar, Wallace and Goodwillie I'd call it good sound business.

We don't have enough cash to gamble and there is really no need to anyway.

3IAR championship winning team simply needs a few sound additions. These boys will do that and more.

Nearer to £5m, and that will get us a decent/good SPL striker who has potential to be very good, a mid table SPL level left back and an injured centre-half who has barely kicked a ball in his proper position.

I will say this for Wallace it would help him better if his name was leo wallacinho who was a brizallian playing in the belgian or dutch leauges. He would have a cracking wee youtube compolation made up and everyone on here would be creaming at the thought of it

s player half as good but foreign would have people spunking over him on here.

Yeah m8 totally agree - ive thought that about players before - look at the excitement over memed - no one knew fuck all about him except for a youtube video - Lee Wallace is a cracking player and a bomb forward left back - people say a back up for Papac but I feel Papac might struggle to keep his place in front of an on from Wallace.

Also perhaps Hearts know Wallace wont sign a new deal so they are wanting him gone and have signed grainger as a replacement.

Yeah m8 totally agree - ive thought that about players before - look at the excitement over memed - no one knew fuck all about him except for a youtube video - Lee Wallace is a cracking player and a bomb forward left back - people say a back up for Papac but I feel Papac might struggle to keep his place in front of an on from Wallace.

:jelavic: :jelavic: :jelavic:

Or like David Goodwillie and Craig Conway, who a number of people want/ed?

Being foreign doesn't matter. We've seen Lee Wallace through out the seasons and he is nothing more than an average SPL left back, not even inside the top 5 in the SPL.

Who next, this lad McGregor from St. Mirren?

same. the wallace of a year and a half ago would easily get in the team ahead of papac. hopefully he can get back to that same level and we will finally have a good attacking left back who can do a bit of defending aswell.

Hearts have confirmed that they have received a bid from Rangers for Scotland full-back Lee Wallace.

The 23-year-old has been at Tynecastle since 2004, has made 140 appearances for the club and was vice-captain to Marius Zaliukas last season.

Wallace, who has been capped five times for Scotland, has 12 months left on his deal at Tynecastle.

An Ibrox source also confirmed that Wallace is a player in which they are interested.

More to follow...

to get someone similar with age and ability im sure we would have to spend a fee anyway, the difference is he knows the league, our expectations and could poss be a good fit for the squad, at the end of the day its all finances, worth 1mill

Injury prone to the max, and do we really need to be throwing money at Wallace when we could go for Goodwillie ... I just don't understand what is going on at the moment.

we could have both perhaps?

Never really rated him as a full back, but maybe we will try and push him on and develop him as a LM too, then he can be cover for Papac if need be, and if he develops then he could replace Papac in a year or two. Certainly give us better competition on the left-side, provided it was a bid of <1m

I watched Jelavic rip Celtic a new one over 2 games the year b4 he came m8 - I didnt need a youtube video ;)

Good point actually, most rangers fans just seen his youtube video tho lol.

Or like David Goodwillie and Craig Conway, who a number of people want/ed?

Being foreign doesn't matter. We've seen Lee Wallace through out the seasons and he is nothing more than an average SPL left back, not even inside the top 5 in the SPL.

Who next, this lad McGregor from St. Mirren?

Naismith

Boyd

Miller

Thompson

Whittaker

Novo

etc etc etc were all players who came from run of the mill scottish teams......

Ive never really noticed Wallace much before to be honest, never stood out. Whether that says more about my lack of interest in the other SPL teams rather than the mans ability, probubly! But its about time Pap daddy had some competition for the position, can only be a good thing!

Injury prone to the max, and do we really need to be throwing money at Wallace when we could go for Goodwillie ... I just don't understand what is going on at the moment.

read someone 1's post on facebook that is 3 million is the price set by Vlad