TRANSFER FUNDS

CANUCKBEAR

Why do people keep going on about this imaginary kitty, this war chest that will wrestle the SPL title back to ibrox. FFS, there is no transfer kitty, GET WITH IT! We all know that there may be a few million set a side for summer transfers but apart from that the only money we will have is from sales. People go on about the new manager getting Murray's millions, well people need to wake up a bit and realize that it aint gonna happen. Believe me I wish Murray would find some cash so that we can bring in some quality, but the matter of fact is that we are only capable of bringin in second class players. As a Rangers fan nothing pisses me off more than us being linked with some good players only to always end up getting our second or third choice. I afraid the quicker we realize this the easier it will be for us to set proper expectations.

COME ON FELLAS, WAKE UP!

Why do people keep going on about this imaginary kitty, this war chest that will wrestle the SPL title back to ibrox. FFS, there is no transfer kitty, GET WITH IT! We all know that there may be a few million set a side for summer transfers but apart from that the only money we will have is from sales. People go on about the new manager getting Murray's millions, well people need to wake up a bit and realize that it aint gonna happen. Believe me I wish Murray would find some cash so that we can bring in some quality, but the matter of fact is that we are only capable of bringin in second class players. As a Rangers fan nothing pisses me off more than us being linked with some good players only to always end up getting our second or third choice. I afraid the quicker we realize this the easier it will be for us to set proper expectations.

COME ON FELLAS, WAKE UP!

I hope you are wrong, but expect you may be right.

I can see it realistically being roughly the same amount as we got last year, which wasn't much. Still, we have 3 or 4 guys that if we can sell on, we may double our kitty and then add another 3 or maybe 4 players to the first team squad, in addition to the 2 bosmans

If we had a decent scouting structure, we could make the cheap/shrewd aquisitions that we cry out for. Look what Celtic did with Boruc etc. Relatively unknown players coming in for small transfer fees and flourishing.

Right now though I'd sh*t myself if we started signing foreign unknowns as Murrays management (or lack of it) leaves us with a Sh*te scouting structure!

I think we'll be given 5million at most in the summer + any money from selling donkeys

Hey Fellas,

This is the sad reality of it all, not tryin to be negative, just frustrated I guess. We never gonna get any where the amount we need to restructure properly. I fear this will take a while. If we did get as much as 6 million I would accept that (Not really like it, I might add) But really, can we honestly think WS is gonna get any more than that?

Here's another problem, WS needs to fill a couple of positions, so what would u rather he do, spend 3-4 million on two players and have quality in a few of the problem areas or spend 1-2 million on four guys like we normally do and end up with shite?

Tough call big Wally, but I would rather quality over quantity.

COME ON GERS, LET GO!

i agree canuck, there will be barely anything to spend. bosmans and 1 or 2 OK signings will be whats going to happen..which will inevitably leave us lagging behind celtic once more next year

i agree canuck, there will be barely anything to spend. bosmans and 1 or 2 OK signings will be whats going to happen..which will inevitably leave us lagging behind celtic once more next year

I think so as well mate, I fear the tims will spend at least double what we lay out in the smmer.

I think the tim mindset will be along the lines of we won it in a canter this year so we'll do it again next year with the same players next year, I hope they get fxxxxd in every game of every competition the are in. With a few signings (1 x forward, 1 x midfielder and 2 x defenders ) I think we can see them off in every competition. T.C.W.N.S.