Craig Whyte On Ssn Shortly

TeamHero

Jim Whites just said our new owner Will be on Sky Sports News later.

Will be discussing the Takeover, The Old Board, Transfer Targets and Work on the re-development of the stadium.

Looking forward to this. (tu)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he can clear somethings up because my opinion of him has weakened these past couple of days.

He seems a bit stingy with money, I mean £300k for Wallace, they were never goin to accept that lol

Less talk, more action please Mr Chairman.

Give the guy a chance - he's only been in the door five minutes. If we're still saying that in six months time, fair enough. :)

Hopefully he can clear somethings up because my opinion of him has weakened these past couple of days.

He seems a bit stingy with money, I mean £300k for Wallace, they were never goin to accept that lol

Doing a Bursaspor mate, Wallace last year of contract 500k at most i would pay.

Whyte stays quiet and behind the scenes like before the deal, people are screaming the fucking place down that he's not vocal enough.

Yet now he's coming out and saying the right things so far, talking well in the papers and whatnot and it's 'less talk, more action'?

Fucking hell, make your mind up.

Doing a Bursaspor mate, Wallace last year of contract 500k at most i would pay.

Yeah agree, I don't rate him at £1m but offer £500k at least, it's a waste of time either way...they want £1m for him and I don't think we'll pay up. Craig Whyte was apparently going to inject £10m (was it?) into the team. We've been given valuations for the players that Ally wants...yeah usually we should try to get a bargain and haggle our way into a good buy. But I don't think the team has the ground to do that, we currently have around 18 players or so (including youngters) so I say get the targets in with no fuss.

Wallace = £500k - £1m

Goodie = £1.5m - £2m

Cuellar = £3m

Hopefully we get money from the Charlie Adam sale that is likely to happen and we're saving money once more. (tu)

Give the guy a chance - he's only been in the door five minutes. If we're still saying that in six months time, fair enough. :)

Am as patient as the next guy but the clock is ticking.

He's already given an interview on all of this earlier in the week so while I thank him for being open about his intentions, I'd much prefer to see tangible evidence of how he intends to improve our chances of success.

On the other hand, I do appreciate transfer deals are not always easy to complete and I'd certainly rather we took our time to ensure maximum value. However, we do need quality and quantity for the new season and it is only a month away. Not to mention the crucial CL qualifiers which I'm sure Whyte would like to see the bounty from.

As such, 6 months is perhaps a bit generous on your part when it comes to improving and supplementing the playing squad. ;)