River Plate On The Verge Of Relegation

GOAT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, that isn't far from as big a shock as us or Celtic getting relegated. Can you imagine the carnage if either of us were relegated?

I would list it being in the same bracket as the likes of Benfica, Porto, Ajax, PSV, etc being relegated, which you could just never see happening.

If it was the bheggars they would just have to dump some Persil into that water cannon and they'd be cleared in no time.

If either us or the beggers got relegated it would ruin scottish football.

Thats what I was thinking about River. No idea how strong Argentine football is financially but River are their biggest club along with Boca and being something like £12m in debt, will they even ever be able to come back up? Some people might think it would be hilarious if that happened to us or the tims - and actually if it happened to the tims, as indeed it nearly did on a couple of occasions I would piss myself laughing but the bottom line would be once it all cleared up thats a hell of a lot of money gone from the spl. Same in Argentina.

Also shows how farcical the reaction in this country is to the absolute nothing that is the OF match these days when you see scenes like that at matches in other countries.

Thats what I was thinking about River. No idea how strong Argentine football is financially but River are their biggest club along with Boca and being something like £12m in debt, will they even ever be able to come back up? Some people might think it would be hilarious if that happened to us or the tims - and actually if it happened to the tims, as indeed it nearly did on a couple of occasions I would piss myself laughing but the bottom line would be once it all cleared up thats a hell of a lot of money gone from the spl. Same in Argentina.

Also shows how farcical the reaction in this country is to the absolute nothing that is the OF match these days when you see scenes like that at matches in other countries.

Argentina though have a few big-ish clubs. Let's face it, here in Scotland we have 2. You've got Boca Juniors, San Lorenzo, Independiente, Newells, Velez etc. It won't ruin their league and I'm pretty sure River will bounce back soon enough.