Hemed Passes Medical And States Reasons Of Signing

Hemed, pleased to be here, expressed his thanks to Mallorca. “It’s a big moment in my career and I felt flattered from the moment I knew of Mallorca’s interest. I’ve worked very hard to get to this point, to be at Mallorca and in the national team.”

Then it was the turn of the journalists to ask questions of the new Reds’ striker. "I found out that Glasgow Rangers were interested and it was a hard decision to make, but I followed my heart and chose Mallorca. The fact that there is an emphasis on young players here was something I took into account.”

Aouate was an important factor in his international teammate signing and Hemed said, “Aouate has only had good things to say about the club, telling me that it is like one big family and that, aside from the team, Mallorca is a great place to live.”

The player proceeded to define himself as a footballer: “I like to work hard, I’m a physical player, a box player, and more than anything else, I’ve come to score goals. If we all work hard, we’ll do well.”

Coming to the Spanish league and forming part of Michael Laudrup’s team means a lot to Hemed: "I know that I’m coming to the best league in the world. I remember watching Michael when he was a player and I am honoured to be a player of his team. I hope he will be happy with my performances.”