Fifa Women's World Cup - Germany 2011

Today is the day :D

Germany vs Canada

and

Nigeria vs France

http://www.fifa.com/...dcup/index.html

I'll be following most of the games and I'm really hoping for a great outcome for Canada and the USA. England & reigning champs Germany will also be a team to look out for!

Just for a little background...I believe the England team has 4 Scottish ladies on it :)

Anyone following along?

I have been waiting for this for along time, so please don't spoil the thread with rude comments.

I mean in comparison to the men's game. Not having a go or anything, it's just that women's football is never on here, and I'd be interested to see what the standard's like- I've heard Marta's pretty good.

Well I'm glad you took the stand to say that. Most wouldn't.

Can't help being defensive especially after some shitty comments to set the tone of this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140JNDZogDc

Different sport, but you get the gist.

what I don't get is why people have to compare men and womens...you don't see this happening in tennis - they accept each side for what they are...nobody would say the williams sisters are shite compared to the men..

what I don't get is why people have to compare men and womens...you don't see this happening in tennis - they accept each side for what they are...nobody would say the williams sisters are shite compared to the men..

I'm just teasing really, but the reason for that is that no-one's really sure that the Williams sisters aren't men.

It does happen in tennis, in terms of prizes and length of matches, especially in the majors.

I'm just teasing really, but the reason for that is that no-one's really sure that the Williams sisters aren't men.

It does happen in tennis, in terms of prizes and length of matches, especially in the majors.

Pretty sure everyone knows the williams sisters are women and amazing athletes lol Nobody cares what male athletes look like (unless some men secretly do lol) ..who cares what female ones look like.

Come on the USA ladies team. Don't know why the guys on here are complaining, I have watched the Scotland mens team play and I think some of the ladies would beat them. 21.gif

The ladies u-15's could beat the Scotland men's team :anguish:

Come on the USA ladies team. Don't know why the guys on here are complaining, I have watched the Scotland mens team play and I think some of the ladies would beat them. 21.gif

Most of the women competing in the WC could and probably would walk into most SPL teams.