Boyd Shoots Snipers

Craigy

RANGERS hitman Kris Boyd last night offered his Ibrox critics a deal: Quit carping and I'll bag you 40 goals.

The prolific marksman still cops flak from moaning Gers fans despite an incredible 44 goals in 47 starts.

Now the SPL's top scorer has vowed to silence the snipers by smashing the 40-goal barrier.He said: "I'll never be the complete player everyone wants me to be.

Before I came Ibrox fans were moaning for a scorer. They have one now but they're still not happy."

Boyd wants even more goals next season under Walter Smith and aims to better his record total of 39 from last year.

He said: "I've got 24 this season but there's more in me. I'm looking forward to next season. The SPL is our main aim.

Everyone thought it would happen this year but it didn't work out. We'll be back in the hunt next term, though.

"I can beat my best tally of 39 but I know it will take a lot of hard work."

Big Craig got in on making this thread before me :P

Kris has a good point though, if we give him chances - from all different areas of the pitch then it ends up he'll score from those chances for the most part

He has a point, he's our most prolific for years yet people are still not happy.

Chatting to a Falkirk fan he would rather have Miller in his team than Boyd. Pointed out he top scored for two teams last year and

is top scorer in the SPL this year. Dosent work hard enough he said. Not going to talk to Falkirk fans anymore. :lol:

While hes banging the goals in not a problem, if they dry up then he has nothing to his game.

I know he is a great goalscorer and i'm happy like Fish sayed for the 478th time he only cost £400k what do we expect but does anyone else think his attitute stinks.

They have one now and they're still not happy. He's right to an extent but its because we know if he tried to add more to his game then he would be even better. Thats why we don't moan at the likes of Rae coz he is a hopeless cause.

Even chasing defenders down would be a good start, trying to add a bit of pace to his game. He knows and we know he's a fantastic goalscorer but we only moan coz we know he can get better it's just up to him to do that bit extra.

He could add much more to his game if he tried a bit harder.

As I've said in previous threads, I had a mate who was 17 stone, but worked hard and in 19 months was the champion 100 metre sprinter in the local area.

Boyd could be so much better if his attitude was better. His goals count for a lot though, just need to do it against the best teams now.

I know he is a great goalscorer and i'm happy like Fish sayed for the 478th time he only cost £400k what do we expect but does anyone else think his attitute stinks.

They have one now and they're still not happy. He's right to an extent but its because we know if he tried to add more to his game then he would be even better. Thats why we don't moan at the likes of Rae coz he is a hopeless cause.

Even chasing defenders down would be a good start, trying to add a bit of pace to his game. He knows and we know he's a fantastic goalscorer but we only moan coz we know he can get better it's just up to him to do that bit extra.

Ehhhhhhhh! 479 actually :pipeguy:

We'll be back in the hunt next term, though.

"I can beat my best tally of 39 but I know it will take a lot of hard work."

That's what I like to hear!

Time to get behind the guy, after-all, he's our f*cken goal machine!

"I'll never be the complete player everyone wants me to be."

What kind of attitude is that? Hes still young and has years ahead of him - if he put in that bit extra he'd be a Rangers legend and a word class striker

People respect the fact that you score for fun Kris - but when are you going to get it into your head that were urging you to better yourself in you career and not waste away, us Rangers fans have seen it happen too often

I cannot believe that so many fans want to have a go at Boyd, he is still young and can improve, but surely the main point is that he scores goals, and working every day with Coisty can only help. Let's forget about the problems with PLG, and back the only real goal scorer we have at the moment. :pipe:

Kris Boyd is god.

Goal machine boydie enough said he scores an unreal amount of goals for us in a team that to be honest has been majorly underachieving

We know that but imagine if Boyd would add a bit of pace and chase down defenders he would be even better. We can't just rely on goals. Boyd is a fantastic goalscorer yes he ain't no Henry but we aren't asking him to be. Just a bit more outside the box isn'y much to ask is it?

Boyd is what he is and he GETS GOALS. Could he improve a bit - YES.

My concern is twofold:

1. He gets pissed off by all the unreasonable sniping and leaves.

2. He tries to do too much outside the box and becomes INEFFECTIVE IN IT.

Leave him alone - his return of 44 goals in 47 starts is UNBELIEVEABLE

Nobody expects Boyd to run from our half dribble a few defenders and score just to chase defenders down and maybe add a bit of pace. Yes he's a great goalscorer and one of my favourite players but he's 23 years old and the slowest footballer i've seen

Nobody expects Boyd to run from our half dribble a few defenders and score just to chase defenders down and maybe add a bit of pace. Yes he's a great goalscorer and one of my favourite players but he's 23 years old and the slowest footballer i've seen

Surely not slower than Charlie Adam? There are oil tankers turn quicker than him..

On Boyd, the only MINOR problem I have with him is that he thinks he has made it. Confidence is good but even the likes of Thierry Henry try to improve themselves. I have seen people mention on here before saying that Boyd considers himself a big time charlie now and that he has nothing to prove?? I just think thats a bit of a dangerous attitude for a 23 year old. Reminds me of Charlie Millers attitude and look what happened there....

Anyway its minor and he is doing what he is paid to do which is score the goals, I am not asking for anything else.

Surely not slower than Charlie Adam? There are oil tankers turn quicker than him..

On Boyd, the only MINOR problem I have with him is that he thinks he has made it. Confidence is good but even the likes of Thierry Henry try to improve themselves. I have seen people mention on here before saying that Boyd considers himself a big time charlie now and that he has nothing to prove?? I just think thats a bit of a dangerous attitude for a 23 year old.

I have never heard him say that, he always says he can improve. You hear that from people who do not like him, and that includes a lot of Rangers fans. <cr>