Five Go Mad For Neymar

Five go mad for Neymar

Santos claim five clubs have been given permission to open talks with Neymar after meeting the £40.3m release clause in his contract.

Real Madrid and Chelsea were leading the chase for the 19-year-old Brazilian forward but it is understood Manchester City, Barcelona and Russians Anzhi Makhachkala - captained by Roberto Carlos - have entered the auction.

"We don't want to sell the player, but of course there is a release clause and five European clubs have offered to match it," Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro told ESPN Brasil.

"I cannot name them because there is an agreement between Santos and the clubs, but they are the most important European clubs.

"They have asked to speak to the player and we've allowed them to because the clubs have behaved ethically - they sought out Santos first and were willing to pay the clause.

"They can talk to anyone - with Neymar's father, with agent Wagner Ribeiro, and with the representatives of Neymar."

Despite the development, Ribeiro has not given up hope of keeping the player. "These clubs can come along and make their offerings, but if he wants to stay at Santos he can say no," he added.

If those clubs are true you'd think either Barca or Real would get him to sign. Tbh though I think he's overrated. Was watching the match between Penarol and Santos and he spent most of the game on his arse complaining to the ref. Not unusual for a South American but still a bit excessive.

Anzhi Makhachkala were recently bought be a multi-billionaire who apparently lured Roberto Carlos to the club with a Bugatti Veyron. It's still unrealistic that they'd sign a player ahead of Real Madrid and Barcelona but they are obviously aiming to become the Man City of Russia.

Anzhi Makhachkala were recently bought be a multi-billionaire who apparently lured Roberto Carlos to the club with a Bugatti Veyron. It's still unrealistic that they'd sign a player ahead of Real Madrid and Barcelona but they are obviously aiming to become the Man City of Russia.

I see they've moved onto other targets now Kerkar has extended his deal :craphead:

Also, I am dating a Brazilian girl who's his ex-girlfriend so I hope he doesn't come to London or at least hope I shag her before he gets here.

So she went from a rich superstar athlete to you? What a downgrade :pipe:

So she went from a rich superstar athlete to you? What a downgrade :pipe:

Definitely a downgrade, and I cant help but I feel he might be getting some slightly large contract offers this summer.

Also, I am dating a Brazilian girl who's his ex-girlfriend so I hope he doesn't come to London or at least hope I shag her before he gets here.

So, assuming she has a preferred "type", can we assume that you also resemble Tina Turner in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome?

Not in my opinion he is not.

He reminds me of Robinho, but a poorer version of Robinho when he was 19. Was never a massive fan of his either tbh, more tricks than anything.

I've never seen why the likes of Neymar, Pato, Hamsik, Pastore are constantly jizzed over.

Not that I think Pato is incredible or anything but there aren't many players with 50 Serie A goals at the age of 21, much less any who have spent as much time injured or on the bench.