FARE's double standards outed at last?

I have posed this as a question and not a statement for one simple reason which I'll get to in a minute.

Quick reminder, for those of you fortunate enough to have forgotten - FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe) were the 'pressure group'; and I use that term loosely; responsible for our latest punishments and sanctions from UEFA over our fans conduct in both legs of last season's Europa League tie against PSV Eindhoven.

We were fined £35,000 and a ban on our fans attending one away match in Europe with a further one match sanction and £35,000 fine suspended for another three years.

The incidents were supposedly our 'sectarian' chanting, reported to UEFA from the 'pressure group' FARE, despite getting favourable reports from UEFA's own match delegates at the time. The actions of this so-called 'pressure group' were commented on at the time by Martin Bain, who stated that, 'We are of the opinion that FARE has been influenced by people who make it their business to damage our club in any way they can.'

View the full article