Not Worried ,

reddrock

Having read through the shareholders statement sent out by Mr Whyte I found some of it vague and some of assuring .

Now regarding Transfers I am under no illusions that we can not go back to the days of the little General , however I am concerned when a player heads of to Spain that was a target for us and ends up at a side that for me stands below our clubs stature .

Danns and Conway IMO moved for money .

So is it just me that wonders what is happening when we hear kelkar , Weir and Healy are getting new deals . Could some of the wage money there not have been put to better use .

I am aware there is Time etc and I also agree with not being held to ransom but I feel I am missing something in the whole picture , I cant decided if we have or have not got the promised money available.

I am all in favour of Greegs , Davis getting new deals as we all are . I may have the wrong memories but I am sure in time gone by we went about our business in a quiet manner and quite a lot of the time we got the players we wanted even back in the JW and JG days when there were similar funding problems . Still all that being said I am still hopeful that we will see some significant movement in the market ...................... I would only be worried if come the end of August we have brought no one in that will strengthen the squad .

I ask only the question ............... but I guess TIN HAT ON :O)

I think the reality is we may not be being held to ransom by the bank anymore, but the new regime are going to ensure we never fall back to that dark time again and so are being strict with their budgets for wages/fees. Despite winning the League/Cup last year, our squad was painfully short and in obvious need of need players on top of what was already here. I dont mind giving these guys new deals if they are going to play a part, and compete for places, not just make up the numbers, we have to wait and see on that front. The very least we need is the squad that was here last season. If we are to get 4 or 5 players in that we obviously need in the squad then the £5m+ we supposidly have is not going to go far so we need to be prudent.

I'm very concerned

I would have Celtic as favourites for the title right now given the question marks over the futures of so many of our players and the fact they have squad depth that we could only dream of at the moment

I get embarrassed for all the people giving it the kerkar love in

Shite player , wasted wages

Same goes for healey , if he was Scottish he would have been run out of town long ago

Another few thousand wasted instead of giving hemmings etc a run

I think every Gers fan will be anxious until we finally seal a deal for a quality new player.

Its understandable though given the long drawn out takeover saga and the subsequent speculation about finance etc.

I'm confident that come August Ally will have completed some deals which strengthen the squad and things will be a lot more settled.

It has to be remembered that the club has gone through a hell of a lot over recent years and the change of ownership has been a complicated affair especially with an outstanding tax issue to be resolved. Add in the change of Manager and Board along with Mr Whytes inexperience in football and you can see why perhaps the club isn't up to speed in all departments yet.

Ally M'Coist is a more astute guy than most people realise and I have no doubt that he'll assemble a squad to be reckoned with, it may just take a little longer than hoped.

I'm very concerned

I would have Celtic as favourites for the title right now given the question marks over the futures of so many of our players and the fact they have squad depth that we could only dream of at the moment

A shitebag's edit, Irwin! :D

I think what most are experiencing is frustration of no news but some of the negative shite on here is depressing.We needed to bulk up the squad so the contracts to Weir, Healey and Kerkar dont phase me.Better the devil you know.I am happy that we wont pay over the odds for anyone nor have a gun held to our head.I expect the real signings will come closer to the end of the window so again I am not phased.We need to tie up what we have and that is being worked on.Goodwillie I would like to see sign for us but his off field record is a worry.Ally seems keen on Cuellar and I still think we will pull a rabbit out of the hat and make one real marquee signing but who I dont know.Patience is they key and thank God they have that in our Management team.

I think every Gers fan will be anxious until we finally seal a deal for a quality new player.

Its understandable though given the long drawn out takeover saga and the subsequent speculation about finance etc.

I'm confident that come August Ally will have completed some deals which strengthen the squad and things will be a lot more settled.

It has to be remembered that the club has gone through a hell of a lot over recent years and the change of ownership has been a complicated affair especially with an outstanding tax issue to be resolved. Add in the change of Manager and Board along with Mr Whytes inexperience in football and you can see why perhaps the club isn't up to speed in all departments yet.

Ally M'Coist is a more astute guy than most people realise and I have no doubt that he'll assemble a squad to be reckoned with, it may just take a little longer than hoped.

He better not fuck up the CL qualifying tie simply because he wasn't 'up to speed'.

A shitebag's edit, Irwin! :D

I knew it would go down like a lead balloon but realistically if Celtic had been awarded that last gasp penalty at Inverness when McCourt dived, they would be champions right now

I don't fancy our tiny squad of 13 players to beat their 30 man team over the course of a 10 month season

I knew it would go down like a lead balloon but realistically if Celtic had been awarded that last gasp penalty at Inverness when McCourt dived, they would be champions right now

I don't fancy our tiny squad of 13 players to beat their 30 man team over the course of a 10 month season

Have you not heard of cause and effect? You can't claim something like that with any certainty.

Anyway, it was a clear dive.

Agreed. If the re-signings are anything to go by, it's going to be a long hard season. A severe lack of imagination.

Why would i be fishing lol. The last fortnight has been a real eyeopener into Whyte's transfer policy and frankly i don't like it. I still like the guy and he's come across very well in interviews, but he seems intent on saving every last penny and accepting defeat time and time again in the transfer market. This should've been the one summer where the purse strings were opened and Ally was allowed to build his own team that would last for the next 4 or 5 years, not scraping around the bargain bin and giving new contracts to average squad players

I'm just happy we're not paying over the odds for average players anymore.

Nobody wants that but when we're quoted £5 million to sign our best defender of the last decade and the most promising young player in Scotland and we instead offer a total of £2.75 million, it's no longer being prudent, it's being totally miserly and obviously fans will be worried by this

Nobody wants that but when we're quoted £5 million to sign our best defender of the last decade and the most promising young player in Scotland and we instead offered a total of £2.75 million, it's no longer being prudent, it's being totally miserly and obviously fans will be worried by this

Is it not called negotiating?

We could've signed Cuellar, Foster, and Goodwillie by now for a fee of £5.15 million. Their clubs told us the asking price after all. The fans would be delighted, we'd be in much better shape for the Champions League qualifiers, and Whyte would've sent out a clear message that he was willing to back Ally in the transfer market. Instead we have a squad of 13 senior players, no new signings, new contracts being given to two men who'll be lucky to start 10 games next season between them. I'll be happy to say i overreacted if we sign 6 new players by September, are in the CL group stages and aren't playing catchup in the SPL.