Coisty Will Not Do A Le Guen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can people not be worried when we have three weeks til kick-off?

I'm not saying that I don't think we will sign players but there is an integration/settling in period necessary - plus the fact that if we are trying to close deals during or in the build up to early league games and CL qualifiers, it could be a big distraction.

The English teams kick off weeks after us yet are already talking about getting new signings into training with the first team so they can settle in and get to know their team-mates.

I am not 'panicking' (yet) and I am certainly not going to judge Ally or the staff until the end of the window but with Kaunas fresh in the memory, I am worried about potential deja vous.

I'm not saying that I don't think we will sign players but there is an integration/settling in period necessary - plus the fact that if we are trying to close deals during or in the build up to early league games and CL qualifiers, it could be a big distraction.

The English teams kick off weeks after us yet are already talking about getting new signings into training with the first team so they can settle in and get to know their team-mates.

I am not 'panicking' (yet) and I am certainly not going to judge Ally or the staff until the end of the window but with Kaunas fresh in the memory, I am worried about potential deja vous.

Definately brother (tu)

Why are you being so defensive? (I'm sorry if highlighting text is a problem for you, I didn't know it was frowned upon.) :rolleyes:

I never stated that you believed the papers. I merely suggested that you probably read them.

Aside from that, there are plenty who do read the papers and come on here looking for answers or slagging off the management or team over something they've read. That was the point I was making. :)

Spinning the story?????

What story? <cr>

Highlighging text isn't a problem unless it is to change the context of the comment. Whyte and McCoist are making such a bollocks of it at the moment that there is little need for the press to lay it on thick. If you are happy with the current squad, then that is up to you, only time will tell if it is good enough or not.

We are talking about forming two new pairings, centre-backs and front two, which work best when an understanding is formed between the parnership. How can it be a positive thing to not have these in place for the pre-season games, which start a week today?

Highlighging text isn't a problem unless it is to change the context of the comment. Whyte and McCoist are making such a bollocks of it at the moment that there is little need for the press to lay it on thick. If you are happy with the current squad, then that is up to you, only time will tell if it is good enough or not.

As far as the text is concerned I don't believe I changed the context at all.

Apart from that, I am indeed quite happy with things so far. If Whyte and McCoist (sounds like a whisky now) are fucking things up then I can't say I've noticed. Some guys will go where the biggest wage is and some will go for the Euro football. Whyte can't really do anything about that though.

It may not mean much but most of our best players in the past were signed in late July or August. So lets get June done with first, eh? :sherlock:(tu)

durrant spoke well and seems a good calming influence but we are running out of time and the 3 signings that we can make, even if we get them, will still not make up the numbers. I thought yesterdays bid for goodwillie was a disgrace. united wanted 2m for him and we fell well short, leaving cardiff in the front seat again. they need to pull their finger out and just make the right bids if they are going for the player. we all know thomson is a stingey bastard so why make a bid that he is so obviously going to refuse!? :S

Plenty of managers talk well in the press and discuss valuations for a player, then crumble when there's actually an offer on the table.

I'd rather we went in low and worked towards a compromise than just went straight in with the two million. It might only save us a hundred thousand quid, but that could be the difference in landing Cuellar.

If we go in with 1.2 million, we can always increase that is they say no. If we go straight in with 2 million and they accept it, we can't then reduce that to 1.8 million. I'd be more concerned if our first offer was being accepted every time.

I'm getting a bit anxious over the fact that we're yet to bring anyone in, but that isn't down to a couple of low offers for SPL players. We have some inexprience in the management team and although I trust them to get things done for the club, you can't rule out that inexperience having an effect. Super is managing a club for the first time, Durrant is taking up a dedicated assistants role for the first time, and Craig Whyte is running a club for the first time. I would rather we got someone in early doors purely to put the fears to bed, but I still trust that we'll be in shape for the season starting.

As far as the text is concerned I don't believe I changed the context at all.

Apart from that, I am indeed quite happy with things so far. If Whyte and McCoist (sounds like a whisky now) are fucking things up then I can't say I've noticed. Some guys will go where the biggest wage is and some will go for the Euro football. Whyte can't really do anything about that though.

It may not mean much but most of our best players in the past were signed in late July or August. So lets get June done with first, eh? :sherlock:(tu)

You're correct, it doesn't mean much at all when we start earlier than usual and have 9 matches before August is out.

"Under Paul le Guen, we rushed in and bought players. Five or six players came in within the space of a few days. They were found out, they were not the right calibre for Rangers.

Papac not the right calibre for Rangers. Sionko who was one of the Czech best players in the next EUROS after he signed not the right calibre for Rangers.

What was the right calibre for Rangers? Monster munch eaten unprofessional dummy spitter ooters? Yeah thats right Kris Boyd when it came to our clubs latest most prestigious run in Europe he only played a tiny bit part.

This has positive spin written all over it.

Sionko was terrible and possibly the slowest winger i've ever seen. Just because he scored a goal for a terrible Czech Republic at the European Championship 12 months after leaving Rangers does not change that one iota

Sionko was terrible and possibly the slowest winger i've ever seen. Just because he scored a goal for a terrible Czech Republic at the European Championship 12 months after leaving Rangers does not change that one iota

Worst than Rothen no chance as I say he was a good technical Player and could have done well if the dressing room wasnt hit by a hissy fit grenade.

You're correct, it doesn't mean much at all when we start earlier than usual and have 9 matches before August is out.

Just out of interest mate, how would you get players to sign for the club? Knowing that the agents are just dying to tell everyone who will listen about your interest, which would probably start a bidding war. What could Whyte and McCoist do that you personally would agree with?

thing that worries me is the longer we leave it the more likely we are to just buy anything because the window is closing

this is what happened with beatie because we thought we missed out on jelavic

thing that worries me is the longer we leave it the more likely we are to just buy anything because the window is closing

this is what happened with beatie because we thought we missed out on jelavic

The transfer window doesn't close until 31st August m8.

While i would love us to tie up some deals before we head back into the season, I would much prefer we secure the RIGHT personnel at the RIGHT price on the RIGHT wages.

We cannot throw money about like there is no tomorrow because the fans are restless ... been there, done that & suffered the consquences.

The way I see it is our scouts are still fkn useless! So many players out there in other leagues, but we concentrate on the pishy spl and over priced epl for targets.

I was thinking (hoping) we were looking at some decent players but going by what players we've looked at and bid for, seems neither Mcoist nor the backroom team really have a clue. We'd be better spending our budget on getting a decent scouting network set up instead of all the jobs for the boys Mcoist is dishing out!!!

We have signed no one and with 3 weeks to go until the season starts, that is poor. We should of at least signed 2+ players by now. What is going on?

You're absolutely right, you should run Rangers imo, you clearly know what's going on behind the scenes and the wrongs and rights of running a business the size of Rangers...

Sometimes just sometimes i look at things and think to myself, one would think that after what the club has endured and what the fans have went through we know not too rush into things or be held to ransom by clubs thinking we have that little bit extra cash now, for anyone moaning, complaining or just bitching for the sake of a good auld bitch, cast yer mind back and look at us now, we are stable yet in need of some new faces and thats all well and as much as i kinda understand some frustrations on here, we have a squad that won the title minus a couple of players and im sure they will be enough to get us started in our campaign but i just dont get how within the time of buying the club too now that some have whyte written off, never a goer and we are getting lied to over again just as we had been treated in the past, this is what i had been reading, give people time to do there jobs then judge them on their effort afterwards, (some have the league gone, no europe and we still have debt,) i just put that last bit there to show that there really aint much of a change from some posters from before the buyout to now.

Give people time...

Sometimes just sometimes i look at things and think to myself, one would think that after what the club has endured and what the fans have went through we know not too rush into things or be held to ransom by clubs thinking we have that little bit extra cash now, for anyone moaning, complaining or just bitching for the sake of a good auld bitch, cast yer mind back and look at us now, we are stable yet in need of some new faces and thats all well and as much as i kinda understand some frustrations on here, we have a squad that won the title minus a couple of players and im sure they will be enough to get us started in our campaign but i just dont get how within the time of buying the club too now that some have whyte written off, never a goer and we are getting lied to over again just as we had been treated in the past, this is what i had been reading, give people time to do there jobs then judge them on their effort afterwards, (some have the league gone, no europe and we still have debt,) i just put that last bit there to show that there really aint much of a change from some posters from before the buyout to now.

Give people time...

We do still have debt, even Whyte's biggest fans wouldn't even try to deny that fact, but where was it posted that the league was gone and that we'd have no Europe?

We do still have debt, even Whyte's biggest fans wouldn't even try to deny that fact, but where was it posted that the league was gone and that we'd have no Europe?

Off course we have a some debt, but if you read what i wrote i added that end part too in some way show the reactions from some, basically shows no change from before and after any takeover, the over reactions from some, i said i added the last bit to show this and i dont fancy having to troll through pages and pages looking for summit to appease ya, i have been off and on throughout the weeks

Off course we have a some debt, but if you read what i wrote i added that end part too in some way show the reactions from some, basically shows no change from before and after any takeover, the over reactions from some, i said i added the last bit to show this and i dont fancy having to troll through pages and pages looking for summit to appease ya, i have been off and on throughout the weeks

Nothing to do with appeasing me, the debt has been shifted from one place to another for the time being, and as I hadn't seen anyone concede the league or Europe, I was interested to read what had been said, but alas, it isn't to be.

Nothing to do with appeasing me, the debt has been shifted from one place to another for the time being, and as I hadn't seen anyone concede the league or Europe, I was interested to read what had been said, but alas, it isn't to be.

well im sure if you bide yer time it may crop up or someone may remember reading the likes of what i wrote, you never know

The transfer window doesn't close until 31st August m8.

While i would love us to tie up some deals before we head back into the season, I would much prefer we secure the RIGHT personnel at the RIGHT price on the RIGHT wages.

We cannot throw money about like there is no tomorrow because the fans are restless ... been there, done that & suffered the consquences.

But the CL qualifiers are at the end of July m8 and they are arguably our most important games of the season.

But the CL qualifiers are at the end of July m8 and they are arguably our most important games of the season.

Plenty time then, im sure that if the current lot are prepared they can handle whatever we have thrown at us till the end of the window and by then there will be fesh faces in. i think people just feel a possibility of a kaunus or the likes happening all over again, its all guess work in here but i honestly dont have any fears regarding signings and upcoming games, plenty time