Boyd needs help

nvager

*sigh*

might as well say it..even though i know im going to get shot down in flames...

but id love to see Buffel playing some part in our attacking plans next season

I completely agree with you. When Walter resorts to playing with one striker upfront, many times I found myself thinking Boyd was totally isolated. We needed someone who can produce a moment of magic and run past players. Within the current squad the only player who has these two abilities is Buffel. I would like to see him here next season.

As for playing with two strikers, I have said in previous threads I would like to see Sebo with Boyd. I do not like Novo's link up play and he loses the ball far too often. Sebo, works hard, good strength and pace. I think he would team well with Boyd.

We do need another striker in though, even if we managed to get a working partnership with what we have upfront.

*sigh*

might as well say it..even though i know im going to get shot down in flames...

but id love to see Buffel playing some part in our attacking plans next season

buffell is inconsistent and lightweight but has talent and deserves one last chance imo

Buffel for me too (tu)

What we need is somebody to complement Boyd and despite his critics everything that is strong in Buffel's game is what Boyd lacks: movement, pace and intelligence.

We have BF who is a fantastic player but he does not influence the game in the final third that much, due to the lack of movement from our strikers and wingers. Buffel's movement would be perfect for BF to pick out those killer balls that we all know he can play and Buffel himself can also play a killer ball when given a chance.

Punt Sebo and Buffel and if we get an offer for Novo, seriously think about it.

Naismith, Healy, Koevermans, Fowler would be good options and Gow can also play there.

Remember last season - and how brilliantly Buffel and PL linked up? So creative, and they played brilliantly - PL became top scorer before Boyd signed. Buffel is the one to run about and make space, and create chances, and PL finished them off.

No reason Boyd can't take PL's place - Buffel has so much to offer this team. It would be a crying shame to lose him.