David Healy

Craigy

I asked a couple of Leeds fans their view on David Healy and here was their answer

He's an enigma really. it's true that Kevin Blackwell kept putting him on the wing which didn't help but as far as I know he was an out and out striker for preston and has been for us over the past few games and at his best for both clubs he's only been a 1 in 3/4 man. Obviously his international record is sublime but I wouldn't let that fool you.

Being absolutely honest however, the majority of competition in the SPL is of English Championship standard or lower so I reckon he would be a good buy. I read somewhere that he was flattered by the interest shown in him and if we go down he's yours should you want him.

I think he would be a good buy for a Fulham or Rangers type club, he can produce the good when he wants to. He is a confidence player but be warned when things aren't going his way he gets very dis-interested.

Think we would happily accept anything over £2m.

not the best there, hmm, his international record is great but if he is not doing it week in, week out aat domestic level then maybe he is not what we need.

We are losing dado and novo is not a goalscorer. We do need a striker but we don't have that many options by the look of it.

I think he would be a good buy for a Fulham or Rangers type club

This quote obviously shows how little these Leeds fan's know about football.

IMO He'd be a great buy. incidentally Dennis Wise has played him wide right for a considerable amount of games that hes been there. Seems to still bang the goals in from there.

A mate of mine, who supports Leeds and another team that shall not be mentioned, reckons he's a great player and reckons if Leeds stay up we'd be likely to pay upwards of £3m.

1 in 3 goals is actually not a bad return, for a guy who has played on the wing for the majority of the past two seasons in a difficult league.

We have to be realistic here, we are not going to get two 20 goal a season strikers, however a Boyd-Healy partnership would clock up 40 goals a season easily. Boyd is on the verge of hitting 30 goals for the second season running and I would fancy Healy to at least hit 10 a season.

he would cost 2 million tops: leeds are an average to poor Championship team and Healy only has a year left on his contrac come the summer!

The thing you have to look at is, he has scored 10 goals this season being played out of position in a poor side.

When you think he would be playing against poorer opposition, getting more chances and playing in his rightfull position, he should be a success in Scotland.

Think he would be a class act. His work-rate, movement, runs, positioning and striking of a ball is unbelievable. Think he'd be worth at least 15 a season.

Think he would be a class act. His work-rate, movement, runs, positioning and striking of a ball is unbelievable. Think he'd be worth at least 15 a season.

Totally with you there, m8. (tu) Plus as pg51 rightfully says, his background couldn't hurt either.