Come And Join Me Carlos

Broxi1872

JUAN MANUEL ORTIZ was sold on a move to Rangers by Carlos Cuellar - then told his fellow Spaniard to come and join him at Ibrox.

The 29-year-old midfielder spent two years playing on loan at Osasuna while he was contracted to Atletico Madrid between 2004 and 2006.

Carlos Cuellar During his time with Los Rojillos, he teamed up with Cuellar, who later went on to spend a year with Gers in the 2007/08 campaign.

Ortiz turned to Cuellar for advice when the chance to come to the SPL champions arose and he was given a glowing recommendation.

Now he hopes his former colleague can go on to secure a move back to Glasgow as the Light Blues look to build a bigger squad under Ally McCoist.

The club has been locked in discussions with Villa about the possible transfer of Cuellar back to Scotland.

So far no agreement has been made with the Premiership side but Ortiz hopes that can change as he looks to settle into his new surroundings.

He said: "When the chance came up to come to Rangers, I spoke to Carlos about it and he only had good things to say.

"He told me the club is massive and that he was very, very happy here so he told me it was a move I should make.

"Carlos is a good player and I know Rangers have been interested in signing him again so it would be good if that happened.

"I would be delighted about that. Apart from him being an ex-team mate of mine, we are friends and he is an excellent player."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110706/come-and-join-me-carlos_2254024_2386513